I saw my mother today for the first time in three years

by pale.emperor 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

PE.

my 43 year old son is in a very similar situation.

he was a born in--his mother was a born in..her mother was a born in..her mothers mother was a rutherfordist convert.

my son was d/f about 11 years back. i hadnt seen him for 25 years. i was able to find him through facebook and we slowly established online communications. we met up about a year later.

after a time we got chatting--and he told me he had disassociated a while before he was d/f . he felt the religion was not for him--no need of it in his life. he had got divorced from a seriously deranged Jw wife he had married at 20. (like father like son ). he now had a new lady in his life. ( they got married in 2013--and i attended their wedding. his mother didnt--i doubt she was invited.)

his holier than thou jw mother totally shuns him. she has never even seen their little boy--a delightful scallywag who has now started school.

what did my son do to deserve this treatment from his mother ? murder people ? rob banks ? fiddle with kids ? take drugs ? no--he simply left thr religion his mother brought him up into--like she had been.

my son has a successful business--a lovely wife and child ( plus 2 kids from his first wife --now in their teens--and not in contact with their dad ) a lovely home in the New Forest UK.

oh--and his dad.

the Watchtower society---busy wrecking families since 1870.

• zeb
    zeb

Ever since i read of these damned shunning episodes of grandparents to grand kids I have made it my will to be part of my grand kids lives and i stress that is NOT to interfere but remember them with gifts, emails and letters including birthdays and Christmas time.

I can not imagine denying my grand-kids over some fool disagreement with their mums and dads. My heart bleeds for you all that have this situation and SLD just said,

"the Watchtower society---busy wrecking families since 1870."

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Next time, go out of your way to avoid the old bag. No need to expose your daughter to her level of toxic bullshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit