I saw my mother today for the first time in three years

by pale.emperor 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Biahi
    Biahi

So sorry, Pale Emperor, I can be your substitute (American) mom. 😘

• LV101
    LV101

I'm so sorry but admire your attitude -- and they really are the ones that are mentally crazy from brainwashing. At least you have your own family and can be grateful.

• zeb
    zeb

Its a terrible form of ultimate selfishness to deny your own for the sake of the few (gb) Im sadend to hear this.

Enjoy your little one and the life ahead forher and you.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So sorry to hear this PE ,very sad ,my thoughts are with you .

• Quick Brown Fox
    Quick Brown Fox

Hi - I'm new here. Just wanted to say I'm really sorry to hear about this. Although you try not to care, it's your mother and I'm sure it affects you on some level. How astonishing that your daughter did not even know who she was. They've both missed out on so much! It's just so unnatural, warped, wrong.

By posting your experience you might be helping someone who is researching the religion to see the reality of what really goes on - the opposite of what their study conductor would be telling them about the "love of the brotherhood" etc. You never know who is reading and something good may well come from it. Take care.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Welcome to the Quick Brown Fox.

RB

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Sending my love Pale. I know you do care and have to block your feelings for your own sanity. I'm so sorry.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Don't you just love this cult.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Sorry man. I feel like you do about my mom though I have some strong anger on days. I can temper it with understanding.

My dad never took any care of himself despite being diabetic. His neuropathy was bad in his legs and feet and he had high blood pressure. Still went door to door compulsively like most of them and fell down steps and off porches. Gave public talks and didn't finish a few of them. Was blind in one eye and never told anyone and was still driving people in service and drove my mom and sister everywhere.

Denial is the drug most of them are addicted to and it's insane to watch.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

It's a difficult thing especially with family members. i have to pretend not to notice my mom's tendency to be brusque at the beginning of a visit because she would so love to be "righteous". Since I don't react to her negatively she can only go along with the "niceness". Outright shunning hasn't happened but if it does, all I will do is shrug since she's the loser.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit