I saw my mother today for the first time in three years

by pale.emperor 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

These stories break my heart. I can't even imagine seeing my grandchild and not swooping her up in my arms. My jw never, ever believes these stories. He just can't fathom it. How can he be in so long now and be so clueless?

All the best to you and your little one.

• tiki
    tiki

Very sad on every level....poor woman is totally hoodwinked, bamboozled and lost....so sad...

• rickroll
    rickroll

Personally I have no patience for people who put a cult ahead of family.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I can't even imagine turning my back on my children. I sorry PE. These stories are heart breaking and disgusting.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I am with you, Pale. I don't even think of my "mother" as "my mother".... she is just another person.

JW's do not even encourage a close 'family' relationship if all are IN the Borg..... it is all about :

*studying for the meetings, going to the meetings, and field service (good boy, good girl)

*Do you know your books of the bible? (good boy, good girl)

* We are going on vacation and will still go to the meetings.

Some families connect on a personal level, most do not... and that is the simply sad but true part. That is why parents can leave their children behind....

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Oh PE this is so sad and very painful for you. I’m so sorry that this stupid religion has stole your mum from you and a grandma from your daughter.

My mom had many faults but was still mine. She’s died a long time ago and I miss her every day. Thing goodness she was not a Jw.

My children don’t have a nan anymore and some were born after she passed so never met her.

Having one around and not being able to reach her because of some silly 8 old man rules it’s just unbelievable stupid.

Sending you good wishes.

• zeb
    zeb

Today in Oz it is fathers day.

so Happy fathers day!

zeb

• Chook
    Chook

I know Pale your reaction is for self preservation, direct any hatred toward the church itself. When the governing body meet for their weekly seance I know that if their is a god he doesn’t give a shit about us humans because he allows these fucks to continue to breath air. Keep hanging in there my friend and continue to wear the apostate badge proud.

• GetMeOutofHere
    GetMeOutofHere

Truly awful.

• zeb
    zeb

PE

another day today. Hope you have a good one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit