The Modern Exodus: Perception or Reality?

by Hadriel 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I 'm sure the WT in it's current state will cause more to wake up maybe not an all in one mass exit but more like a "hundredth monkey" situation.

That would get the attention of the powers that be and there would likely see all manner of policy and doctrinal acrobatics in a very short space of time.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

The overlapping generations will be the eventual undoing however it take 50 years or more still. The current GB won't have to worry about answering for it which is sad but eventually with so much hinging on 1914 even if the overlapped contemporaries don't reach max age I think as that clock winds down you'll see many completely lose faith.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the teaching is such that the current GB will be long gone before it ever has a chance to see fruition. They'll never have to answer for a lick of it which is rather irritating to me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well, at least 8 have left and faded (on doctrinal grounds) that I know of personally!
  • fukitol
    fukitol

Last service years annual report indicated growth may be heading towards negative, but is it a blip, an aberration? The organization has experienced similar blips before and pulled through.

This service years annual report should be very telling. Come back in 9 months and we'll have a much better idea of whether what you're surmising could be right or not.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ sparrowdown...

Pretty sure that's what's happening right now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    At the very least, there does seem to be a lot more of us willing to consider the possibility that it can actually happen, these days.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart

All these branch offices are now closed

estonia

ireland

guatemala

el salvador

honduras

nicaragua

costa rica

panama

Also acording to what sam hurd of the gb said they have kicked out 1000's of people who used to work at bethel.

And since jan 2016 they have not been printing 50 million magazines a month worldwide (watchtower and awake) so if you say just 2 cents for each copy they are $1 million dollars better off,bear that in mind when you hear about convention and kingdom hass being sold off

• millie210
    millie210

Another factor that adds to the cumulative effect is the generalized apathy towards religion in a lot of countries.

We are seeing that inside the Org too among the younger ones. They arent even "in" in the same way that young people were "in" years ago.

Maybe someone here can explain what I mean by that better than I can?

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    Closing those branches is significant however if say Germany or the UK closes or becomes a complete shell that will be very telling.
  • Simon
    Simon
    The overlapping generations will be the eventual undoing however it take 50 years or more still. The current GB won't have to worry about answering for it which is sad but eventually with so much hinging on 1914 even if the overlapped contemporaries don't reach max age I think as that clock winds down you'll see many completely lose faith.

I think we have a tendency to be convinced by things that convince us ... and mistakenly assume they will be as convincing to everyone else.

Why did we leave? Really.

Was it really some doctrine? Or was it because we were treated badly, didn't think that smelt like "gods organization" and that thought allowed us to start questioning things. Did we discover the doctrinal gaps and flip-flops along the way to leaving, as a result of researching to put our mind at rest or looking for proof to convince others to leave?

Until and unless people have some trigger to doubt themselves and question their place in the organization, they don't really care about the doctrine.

It's religion - none of it makes any sense. The JW beliefs don't make any less sense or are any more incredible than the idea that a super being inseminated a virgin jewish woman so a hybrid creature could grow up to be executed and a book written about it (after some super-hero exploits along the way).

It's all complete and utter nuts. Adding a few extra other things that don't make sense doesn't suddenly make it topple over - it's not Jenga, all perfectly balanced until the generation teaching or any other is added. It's a pile of sticks on the floor and different faiths just have a slightly different pile in a different order.

The truth is, there is no spoon.

(yeah, I didn't have a proper ending and wanted something profound)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit