One Year Later - A Thank You to Tony Morris.

by cappytan 51 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Imagine the cocky assuredness of that idiot. Does that show how little respect he has for his 8 million slaves ......it should!

For the first time, he had a huge captive audience hanging on his every word. They sit all bathed & dressed in their finest apparel ....waiting for a leader's magical directions ...... and he just throws them garbage.

Thanks for posting this Sean.

clarity

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Billy: If a brother walked into their Kingdumb Haul looking like Chris Pine, how many sisters would say they find his fitted suit and tight pants unappealing and unattractive?

Only the ones that lie

• 4thgen
    4thgen
    Bravo!
  • Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

I remember sitting through that spiel and feeling like the whole tight pants thing was totally weird. I mean, I personally haven't seen a brother strutting around in high waters with his bulge protruding. Usually, they're lucky to just find a suit from Goodwill in their size. Sheesh.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I'm glad you're here Cappytan, I enjoy your posts and no BS approach. Reminds me of......Me. lol
  • Pioneerbot
    Pioneerbot
    I'm so glad you wrote that letter. Good for you. I'm glad you have your wife and kids out too. 🎉
  • SAHS
    SAHS

Maybe my eyes aren’t working right, but those two photos of this Chris Pine fellow couldn’t be indicative of the tight pants which Anthony Morris III was talking about. They just couldn’t be. From what I remember about Morris’ stupid talk, I think that he must have been referring to some kind of exercise pants, like some sort of tight jogging pants or “yoga pants” – which would make more sense, because I couldn’t imagine anyone going out jogging in a suit such as Chris Pine was wearing in those photos. It doesn’t make sense to me, unless I’m really missing something or perhaps having a stroke.

Although, either way you look at it, even if Morris was referring to those form-fitting things people wear while jogging (yoga pants? sweat pants? I don’t do much jogging anymore), it sure is quite petty and pharisaical to focus on something so very trivial, especially during such a supposedly “important” talk. I think Jesus would have had some more intelligent, important things to say.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Thanks Tony, for helping me gain a brother in Cappytan.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

From what I remember about Morris’ stupid talk, I think that he must have been referring to some kind of exercise pants, like some sort of tight jogging pants or “yoga pants” – which would make more sense, because I couldn’t imagine anyone going out jogging in a suit such as Chris Pine was wearing in those photos.

ToMo condemned both women that wear tight exercise clothing in public and "young fellas" that wear "tight pants".

Repeatedly he condemned women wearing yoga pants or Spanx in public and claiming to be JWs. Which is kinda ignorant because Spanx is mostly undergarments that I think a lot of sisters would like. Maybe they make some outerwear. But the yoga tights he's talking about is more like Lululemon. For example, here is a picture of a sister in lululemon tights running away from ToMo and a judicial committee:

When he talked about "young fellas" that wear tight pants, otherwise known as tight pants (whatever he meant by that), something like this might come to mind as his "too tight" example:

But we all know that when it comes to JWs judging others dress and grooming, some like ToMo are far more interested in judging the outward appearance rather than looking for the good in hearts. Because when he talked about pants being designed by homosexuals, he was opening the door to condemn any brothers that wear any flattering clothing that might be perceived as physically attractive. After all, sisters are supposed to only be attracted to an MS pioneer in an oversized polyester suit that he got at Goodwill.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well put Cappytan. Perhaps in years to come we will look back and realize this was the turning point, the beginning of the end. I hope so. This leader of the Watchtower showed all Jehovah's witnesses what he was, a petty little tyrant. A religion facing huge problems with money, that has the lowest retention rate of any religion, that has been accused of protecting pedophiles, chooses to speak out on the evils of ......tight pants.

Truth really is stranger than fiction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit