One Year Later - A Thank You to Tony Morris.

by cappytan 51 Replies latest jw friends

• mommyfirstandalways
    mommyfirstandalways
    This talk helped cement the doubts that were lurking in the back of my mind. I was dating a brother who was 36 and not a servant. He had been in the past but wasn't anymore. Well my family already had concerns about that and with this talk they went over the edge with pressure for me to break up with him. Do u know how hard it is to date in the org in your thirties wen u have kids?! Well I was madly in love and my families pressure put a huge rift in our relationship and we broke up. This religion is like the pharisees described in the Bible. So many high expectations. It's unfair and unloving and thankfully now I am awake and a better happier person.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, the part in the talk regarding men who are not MS's by the age of 23 really angered us. I am married to a man (30+ years) who has more love, kindness and character in his little toe than TM3 has in his entire body. Oh that's right...character doesn't count, just hours and tasks. That's all spirituality is!

Thanks you Tony for showing us the light (new light).

• The Marvster
    The Marvster

Hang on a minute, this whole 'asking the sisters if tight pants are attractive on brothers', i.e. the metrosexual look.

He said he asked 'sister after sister' if they found that look APPEALING, ATTRACTIVE on a brother, and they 'apparently' said 'NO'...

So isn't he suggesting that brothers should be dressing in a way that single sisters find 'attractive' 'appealing', huh?

I don't ever remember seeing that counsel in the from the Borganisation, Imagine that, 'now brothers, you will only be allowed to go out in field service and have privileges if you dress in a way that the sisters find ATTRACTIVE and APPEALING'... how would that go down.... Great use of logic AM3

I definitely don't miss the Borg, full of toxic negativity towards the rank and file, and festering with guilt tripping,

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

He said he asked 'sister after sister' if they found that look APPEALING, ATTRACTIVE on a brother, and they 'apparently' said 'NO'.

I think the sisters misunderstood the question. They assumed he was asking if the fitted suit and careful grooming would make HIM appealing and attractive. Frankly, the sisters would only find ToMo3 attractive if he was cleaning and mopping their house... with a bag over his head.

If a brother walked into their Kingdumb Haul looking like Chris Pine, how many sisters would say they find his fitted suit and tight pants unappealing and unattractive?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

And don't forget that he shamed all who had saved money for a vacation with their children to 'a large resort' and hadn't come to Bethel first.

What an ass he is.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Wow, great post and you just reminded me: it is exactly one year since I stepped foot in a Kingdom Hall.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    So those pants that Chris Pine is wearing is what he is talking about? I don't get what is wrong with them, am I missing something where are they tight. What about thin brothers you cant stick them in big pants they would look stupid. Do you think he fell over & banged his head?.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I can't say I have much to add, but I just wanted to congratulate you Cappytan. That was a big moment for me too. Millions of people that they could address in any way they wished, and they showed their ass. I'm really happy for you, your wife, and your kids. I believe we both joined here around the same time and it's nice to see the story of others on a similar timeline.
  • sparky1
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So those pants that Chris Pine is wearing is what he is talking about? I don't get what is wrong with them, am I missing something where are they tight. What about thin brothers you cant stick them in big pants they would look stupid. Do you think he fell over & banged his head?

There are tighter pants to be found on guys, but this is the type. No pleats, and probably have a good cut making the backside look good. The jacket is broad in the shoulders and narrow in the waste. When a guy has a good build, shouldn't he wear a suit that compliments it? Nope. A suit should make you look like a preacher... like ToMo3!

And what qualities in a suit jacket and pants does ToMo3 need? Not tight! Not something that shows the underlying shape of his body underneath. For ToMo, the waist is going to be bigger than the shoulders, so the jacket needs to be voluminous, hiding the underlying shape of the body as much as possible. And the pants need to be roomy enough to make the legs look bigger, or he'll look like an egg trying to balance on toothpicks. And in the front, pleats give that roominess and act like closed curtains so there is no suggestion of genitalia. Similarly, the back side of the pants need to be roomy and just hide whatever is there, whether it's fat or flat.

What ToMo3 said is stuff I'd heard often enough over the years in bethel. Before "metrosexual" the suits were called "European cut". Basically, the old fat dudes didn't want the young fit dudes to look good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit