Liberal vs. Democrat in the U.S.A.

by OnTheWayOut 42 Replies latest jw friends

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Black Nationalism puts a focus on returning to the mother land (Africa) in order to escape white supremacy.

Bull. Shit.

• blownaway
    blownaway

The mother land. Blacks have made a true shithole out of Africa. Its not the color of the skin its the damn culture. Its shit. Detroit was a wonderful city in the 50s . Now its a shit hole. Liberals and blacks destroyed it. Muslims have destroyed Dearborn. These are facts. You saw looting and whole sale crazy riots in NOLA during Katrina, when the same thing happened in the Midwest people stepped up and helped each other. You did not see people taking 60 inch TVs from the local store. Holding up thugs like Mike Brown and Trayvon Martin as heros and attacking cops backed up by the libtards is crazy.Gold teeth and pants down around your knees listening to shit non music called rap is degrading. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ0AHO-IWws&bpctr=1532466755

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous

Morpheus,

I'm simply stating what they believe. Was that the only part that bothered you?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Correct. Thats an absolute lie.

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous

So you are saying there is a direct equivalence between white nationalists and black nationalists? I'd love to hear this

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Too many points then counterpoints in this thread for me to address them all.

One main thing I was trying to say was that we are all free of the Watchtower library telling us what our belief is on each issue. Many of us are further free from some preachers interpreting the Bible for us to tell us how to feel about various peoples and acts they call sins.

Really- no matter how much you hate Hilary or Donald or gun control or taxing everyone to pay for programs, we need civility. I don't hate conservative posters or simply bash whatever they say. Oh, I've poked the bear here and there and expect it in return on issues of politics and religion.

The unwritten rule in general internet debate is that the first person to bring Hitler into the debate generally lost that debate (although he doesn't think so).

In ExJW issues, a similar thing would be comparing one's adversary to Watchtower leadership. I did that on purpose to stroke people here to respond. It wasn't necessary.

I don't wish any ill-will here. I am not attempting to anger people. Just wanted people to know that there are varying points of view.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Time to poke the bear:

https://youtu.be/j92i1F-o3Pk

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Interesting how youtube severly limiting the ability to view the detroit video. It doesnt violate terms of service and its true but not a narrative youtube supports so trying to have it buried

• Searril
    Searril

I don't hate conservative posters or simply bash whatever they say. Oh, I've poked the bear here and there and expect it in return on issues of politics and religion.

No offense to you. I don't know you. But this is really what the problem comes down to. Everybody wants to poke at each other and score points for their team. It is almost unheard of to have actual productive discussion of politics on the internet. I can have some, a little, with friends in real life, but on the internet it truly is basically impossible.

Even something that starts out as a legitimate discussion of an issue will very quickly turn to crap because one person will "poke the bear" to score a point, then the other side does it, and then it escalates rapidly to "the Nazis vs the Communists".

The absolute smartest thing anybody interested in politics could do is find someone who is diametrically opposed to yourself politically and become good friends with them. Have real conversations with them. Both of you would be surprised at what you could learn from each other if you'd stop with the preconceived notions and actually listen to what the other is saying.

(And the truly maddening thing about all of this is that both sides absolutely know that Trump and Hillary are both horrible, disgusting, self-serving, power hungry scum. And yet they still think if you don't vote for a D or an R then you've "wasted your vote". If they had simply done the obvious thing in the last election then neither one of them would be in office right now.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great post, Searril. Great thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit