2017 Special Conventions.

by ToesUp 32 Replies latest jw friends

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine

For those confused as to what a special convention is, it's just an international convention with a new name. Similar to how regional conventions used to be district conventions. One extra day of boring talks and experiences

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

One extra day of boring talks and experiences

thank you, that's very interesting

I thought they where just generally bigger in terms of (international) attendance rather than longer in length - now I know that they're a whole extra day longer!

So the Special Conventions are FOUR days long this year - including the extra day.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/convention-program-2017/

• Tech49
    Tech49

A couple of years ago, some friends of ours wanted so badly to go to a particular "Special" Convention in another country.

They were so worried, because they had "applied", but had not heard back yet as to whether they were "accepted" or not.

I said something like "..... um, so just go then. Book your flights and hotel. Its not like they check your name at the door.."

They looked at me like I had 2 heads and a devils tail! OMG! They were flabbergasted that I would even suggest such a thing! AHHHHHHRRGGGG!!!

I just walked away..... idiots...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit