Who’s The Best Actor/Actress? Who Is Overrated??

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One of my favorite actors is Robert De Niro. Some of his later movies were so so but overall I think he was outstanding.

Meryl Streep, I just never thought she was anything exciting yet people say she’s the best actress of all time. I don’t get it.

Who were great actors and some that undeservingly got the nod for being tops, in your opinion??

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Not certain about "best" (subjective), but an outstanding actor is/was Robin Williams.

• minimus
    minimus

Loved Robin Williams! He was brilliant.

• minimus
    minimus

Nicholas Cage is another actor that people would marvel over. I HATED the way he mumbled. Drove me crazy!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Not a film buff at all, but I do think Sly is aging well. His latest movies are pretty intense ☺️. Paul Dano interesting young very British actor.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Tom Hanks. Ray winstone.

Oddly I cant pin down a woman right now

John wayne always played himself

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

They are all over rated. Some of the best films are where they use unknown actors to focus on the story. 1917 is one.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think Merlys Streep's acting has slipped, she was certainly good at the earlier part of her career.

I think an over abundance of adulation can hurt actors is they tend to loose focus , maybe trying less , resting more upon their past performances.

Making the perfect act for a character isn't easy, sometimes it can be overacted which weakens the performance overall.

Creating realism to the performance is the art and the talent.

• tiki
    tiki

Top three males:

Ralph Fiennes

Anthony Hopkins

Al Pacino

Top three females:

Helen Mirren

Angelina Jolie

Hhhhhmmmmm.....Reese Witherspoon is good but not in the above league.....I do like Margot Robbie and I think Saorise Ronan has fabulous potential but needs more development.

And Bradley Cooper is too damn handsome to leave out.

• tiki
    tiki

Meryl Streep was fabulous in the Bridges of Madison County. Other than that I accept she is a talented actress but I find her self-aggrandizing and kinda frumpy. Odd she and Redford got together...he just seems so much more interesting a person. But what do I know....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit