Sleeping with the lights on tonight !

by Angharad 64 Replies latest social entertainment

• closer2fine
    closer2fine
    I want a movie that will scare the crap out of me, but ever since I saw a movie on how they made them, it has never been the same.

What movie did you see on how to make them?

closer

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Tinkerbell

ringu, the japanese film upon which it's based

WOooooooooooooh .... My son and his girlfriend tried to make me watch it but they prevented me in saying it was scary (I said NOooooooo WAY !) I’M A KIND OF COWARD SOMETIMES … but still they got me on KAIRO (Japanese movie also)

Japanese movies are quiet specials and deserved to be known

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

BATTLE ROYAL (good subject)
    SONATINE (good subject quiet funny and sad at the same time)

• KGB
    KGB

I have not seen The Ring as of yet but I love a good spook thriller once in awhile I guess I will have to go rent it.

I seen jeepers creepers, it was ok but not the best for thrillers I dont think.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I enjoyed Roadkill (Joyride in the US).

The dvd has 5 alternate endings including one 30min one.

Battle Royale was great if a little bloody. I don't think it's had a proper release in the US has it? I'm not surprised going by the subject matter.

-

Ignored One.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My favorite horror movie is Hellraiser, of course. The scariest movie I've ever seen is Halloween.

Oh, yes, Simon! I have met George Romero, the guy who made NOTLD - he filmed it here in Pittsburgh. I have his autograph on my wall.

CZAR

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Ignored-one :
    Battle Royale was great if a little bloody. I don't think it's had a proper release in the US has it?Battle Royale was great if a little bloody. I don't think it's had a proper release in the US has it?

I don't know ... SORRY I will ask to my son

kisses - since then

• Swan
    Swan

I don't watch scary movies because of the demons. They disturb me more than most people, it seems.

Tammy

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I just watched the Japanese Ringu movie and thought it was pretty good. (I haven't seen The Ring yet.) I didn't really think it was scary though.... maybe I should have waited to watch it late at night... ?

• glitter
    glitter
    I'll keep an eye out for it - maybe if I'm feeling brave !

Oh Angharad, you just wait until you see the original.... or even it's dvd/video cover...

Ring is my favourite horror film ever. Wasn't blow away by the remake - the showed the ending in the trailer! - but the new subplot they added, with the horses etc, was nice.

Anyone curious about Battle Royale or Audition etc and either can't get hold of them in their country or want them at an *amazing* price, this is the best Asian DVD site: http://www.dddhouse.com/ no snazzy design but I think Battle Royale is about £3.50 at the moment. You need a multiregion DVD player though (unless you go for VCDs)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit