Kh's will be gone in 5 years! Here's how it will work

by nowwhat? 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Where on the scriptures says that meetings should be twice a week?

In the Bible, Jewish people, had just three festivals in the whole year. In the New Testament just says "not abandon meeting together" it doesn't stipulate nothing, so why just not make the meetings once or twice a MONTH? Make it in a way more appealing to the RF, like putting one extra hour to enjoy 'paradise' with food, music, etc... paradise is here folks!

They then could be selling a lot more KH and rake profits, big profits. Another benefit, you're not gonna have ALL of your weekends ruined.

Anyway, don't give them ideas.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

This cult has proven time and time again that they'll do whatever they have to do to survive. I wouldn't put anything past them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    mikeflood - "...Why just not make the meetings once or twice a MONTH?"

Because the conditioning needs regular booster shots.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

..Which is precisely why I don’t believe the JW religion can go completely online and survive!

JWs who believe the religion can get rid of halls, have NO physical presence..and still get people to contribute if they are only online- are deluding themselves. They are still in the mindset of controlled minions who are not free..and imagine the ‘overlords’ can still exert a control if they are only on TV..This is laughable 🤣.

Of course, I’ve been out of the religion almost twenty years...

But, if the religion goes ahead and gets rid of all the halls, goes totally online and STILL imagines people are going to contribute..let them!!..In time, this will stop once people get adapted to being free from meetings!..The religion would be finished- which it FINALLY deserves to be!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

That's why in my op I said for it to work. They will have to meet in homes

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I suspect a million or so hard-core lifers would still stay affiliated and financially supportive, and I also suspect that that would be enough to keep the Org afloat, at least for a while... they'd probably spin it as a fulfillment of the "love of the greater number cooling off" prophecy, and the loyalists would generally buy it.

...whilst fakers, faders, and fence-sitters would find it a lot easier to GTFO.

This is the (amusingly) paradoxical and contradictory aspect of the whole thing...

...the Org has an almost pathological aversion to just letting folks go, but at the same time, also seems to want to downsize the membership (with increasingly extreme rhetoric and policy-crafting) down to a more manageable level, the same way they're downsizing everything else.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

You’re probably right in that probably IS their wish.

The only problem is that I doubt the smaller ‘more manageable level of lifer JWs’ is going to keep the religion in the style they’d like to become accustomed to, IMO.

I still think the religion is winding down to not-very-much and is headed for history’s dustbin.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like I keep saying...

...in what crazy-ass, fucked-up mirror universe are steadily diminishing income flow, product output reduction, constant staff cutbacks, and regular asset liquidation signs of robust financial health?

• LV101
    LV101

LHG - ya mean keep the Gov Goons in the style in which they are accustomed. Don't worry, my XJW darlings, the goons have billions but I sure love this topic showing up -- fiction can be fun. I hope Vidiot is right but the truth is we don't have any evidence. They still are buying stuff for a DOLLAR (actually they buy cheaper for the price of ZERO) and sell for gazillions - travel abroad, live high on the hog in their high-rise penthouses, own fishing shacks, private planes, almost everything a televangelist has. Actually, they probably have to work a lot less than the popular televangelists. They're probably more secretive now than ever in their enclave estate.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Take it for what it's worth but kim and mikey recently posted a video on this subject you may want to see

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit