Kh's will be gone in 5 years! Here's how it will work

by nowwhat? 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And wait until they see how much they will get for donations. How often do people actually donate for something like YouTube videos? Not very. With something like this, they will simply watch a few minutes of the video and then click the big red X at the upper right corner of the browser. And how are they going to find out whether people are actually complying if they have a streaming video "meeting" instead of actually coming to a physical boasting session? Also, what counts as "attendance"? Do you "attend" by just clicking on and loading the player, buffering and all? Or do you have to watch the whole video? (And how would Internet cuts and video buffering, and downloads, affect that number?)

As for me, they will get absolutely nothing out of me. They might get about 50 false start views out of me, lasting under a few seconds before I close the browser tab and "try" again only to close that tab out, too. How are they going to deal with that? Or, if people move the cursor that marks how far along the video has gone? It is pretty easy to start the video, watch maybe a minute or so, and then move toward the end of the video and watch the last few minutes. If they are live-streaming, how are they going to deal with people that come in late and start skipping around?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There are already most of the pimi following the broadcasts like housewives following soap operas. As a practical matter there is already a one elder per arrangement with the service groups. I notice the neighbors moving their cars to the street on meeting days for service. A cop could write tickets for double parking, blocking driveways, and parking on sidewalks if he came by. Despite zoning there is a public nuisance angle that could be enforced.

There was a slight push last meetings to actually use tracts ( printed material) instead of just conversing. And specially pointed comments by " leaders" that since WT said we are in last minutes it is URGENT. seems people are getting tired

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

I agree with The Fall Guy about eliminating the midweek meeting. They could put more importance to the Family Worship thing, and for preaching....it's outdoors, no longer heavy load of literature required and they could meet and start it at parking lot, no liability whatsoever.

That way, imagine all the money they could get selling half of the KH. The weekly meeting could be any day of the week! KH then could be used like 24/7!

Ideas, ideas

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Just one meeting a week video public talk 30 mins , w/tower type question repeat answer 30 mins , service meeting , local needs (begging for money) 30 mins .

Multiple Cong's one k/hall

• Incognito
    Incognito

WT are masters of double-speak so home groups could be 'suggested' without saying so directly, which then allows plausible deniability as to each group being an official requirement.

I think by not officially sanctioning 'home groups' will work to WT's benefit as they may then claim JW associates took it upon themselves to meet in small groups. As WT does not require such and as meetings are held in private homes which WT has no control over, then it has no liability for member actions occurring in a facility which WT does not own or control.

Many of the liability issues that have arisen have not necessarily been due to where an abuse occured, but more due to WT's lacking policies and how WT's agents (Elders) handled the situation once the matter was reported to them.

I anticipate to remain a JW in good standing, each family or individual JW will require a subscription to access WT's member areas. Again, double-speak will not use the word 'subscription' to convey a 'donation' so as to not create a taxable situation.

Perhaps WT will create an app or require its own browser or a browser plugin to access member pages. As videos and online information may be accessible 24/7, then individual JWs can access the relevant pages at their leisure. I expect each login and page visit duration will be recorded, while a list of questions will need to be answered at the end of each section to qualify as 'attendance'.

Since seeing other fellow believers acts to boost moral, group mentality and something to look forward to, maybe member only 'special assembly days' at WT owned assembly halls will become more frequent, perhaps 3-4 year. Of course, those functions will continue to generate additional donations due to overblown costs reported to attendees.

Those assigned will continually change to make it difficult for attendees to recognize who is missung (no longer a believer).

While JW member numbers will likely decline, I anticipate WT knows 25%+ of current attendees do not believe and are not contributing financially, so there will be no great loss if they loose them to retain the fully indoctrinated (and contributing) members.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

INCOGNITO:

While I believe most of your scenario is very believable, I do not believe 3 to 4 assembly days a year with no regular meetings is going to cut it.

Even enthusiasm for the online hookup you describe..will die off without more frequent face to face meetings in a hall..Their TV presence only will make them less ‘real’..Yes, I believe it’s true that the religion probably wishes the percent of fakers disappear - and that only the ‘faithful’ remain. But, many of those paying ‘faithful’ are elderly who are passing away. Who does that leave? A motley crew of assorted younger somewhat less faithful and less affluent will be left.

It’s anyone’s guess how committed or enthusiastic many of these JWs would remain over time..if regular meetings and kingdom halls disappeared with just a few assemblies a year..No, I think the JW religion would be pretty much done.

• Incognito
    Incognito

LHG,

None of us know anything but are only speculating on what might/could happen.

Perhaps congregations will become virtual, continuing to be scheduled at specific times, with each attendee to login and be listed onscreen (similar to a webinar). The speaker and those making comments could be shown using their camera to everyone else in attendance. That may address your face-to-face concern.

While there have been various ideas given that some are quick to dismiss and claim could never happen, consider how many changes have been made over the past 15+ years, many of which were speculation but dismissed as not possible by members of this forum, before each was eventually announced/implemented.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I dont think this will happen for the WTS likes to keep close scrutiny on its own subservient and controlled public sales representatives.

Kingdom halls / Congregations give certain members like elders and CO's a position of power to themselves which they enjoy as it builds up their own self identity.

Whether you see it or not but JWS religion is a socialized organization made up of friends, families, married partners etc . its a controlled socialized environment which has been designed to support the Watchtower publishing house.

• solomon
    solomon
    A brother in field service this morning told me they closed the Kingdom Hall where he is from and they will have to drive to a new hall about an hour away.
  • 08out
    08out

No way I would have driven an hour ever

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit