Were JWs Right That There Would Be A Time When Governments Would Go After All Religion?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I agree with Fisherman. I also think it's possible. Here's an interesting scenario, pure speculation, though:

Babylon the Great would be destroyed by her paramours, the kings of the earth (Rev. 17:15-18). The most effective way to orchestrate her downfall would be for God to leave all churches, cathedrals, temples and mosques intact after the mega-quake, destroying their cities. This will be enraging the surviving nations to such an extent that they launch an all out attack on organized religion in order to wipe it from the face of the earth. By destroying the divisive man-made religious organizations they will be imagining that they have attacked God. However, their only achievement would be to fulfil Bible prophecy (Rev. 16:18, 19a).

• BottanicPepper
    BottanicPepper

They aren't the only religion that teaches this either. I thought they were, but once I gave myself permission to research I found a few that teach this. One that comes to mind is the United Church of God. In fact, the UCG is almost identical to the JW's, bar a few exceptions.

• GabeAthouse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit