Were JWs Right That There Would Be A Time When Governments Would Go After All Religion?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

Beth Sarim- Iam glad We used our brains and got out. Feel sorry for those stuck in it with no better sense to get out.

• minimus
    minimus

JWs are not educated and worldly yet they truly believe that they are the smartest people on earth.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Minimus- I sure have seen some real dumbasses in the Borg when I was in. So self righteous and arrogant on how they treated down to earth people. But real dumbasses that did real dumbass moves.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I think many Governments would have no problem prosecuting window cleaners while the streets are filled with paedophilles and other criminals.

• waton
    waton

how about places where religions a-r-e the government? or state religions? or the state is worshipped as god?

stately suicide?

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Well, persecution could take many ways. The Catholic Church for example have paid like one billion dollars to victims of sexual abuse. The Borg millions. The point is when the money ends with lawyers or when the compensation is so big that could easliy get any religion broke. Or the case of the orthodox Jews confronting police because of the coronavirus rules.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Today Governor Como of New York said that if religious leaders continue to have services, then the Government will CLOSE ALL RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS-----PERIOD.

It's on the 1:40 mark

https://youtu.be/1q85oqme7mE?t=99

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Other news agencies are picking up Como's warning to religious institution. Como is starting a war with all religions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw9FJlgW1pE

• TD
    TD
    Were JWs Right That There Would Be A Time When Governments Would Go After All Religion?

No.

The JW claim was that governments would turn on all religion, making it "devastated" and "naked."

Religion is too basic a human need for that to happen. Sure there are authoritarian regimes here and there and people who dislike religion in all forms here and there, but the idea of it happening around the world is ridiculous.

Imagine how that idea would play out with any of the three Abrahamic faiths, for example. Christians, Muslims and Jews have happily died for their religions for thousands of years. Imagine how the idea would be received in the Middle East, where the distinction between government and religion is debatable.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To make a hypothetical situation, would the US government turn on all the Christian based faiths in that country ?

Likely not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit