Were JWs Right That There Would Be A Time When Governments Would Go After All Religion?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

cofty I agree with you in the idea that is very bad that the Chinese government is sending millions of Uighur Muslims to concentration camps. Not all Muslims are bad, just as not all Christians are bad.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It`s not going to happen in my time or my children`s time or my grandchildren`s time or anytime thereafter .

And no the JW religion have never been right with one exception when they quoted a communist Karl Marx who said "Religion is the Opium of the people "

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I am very certain that within the next 20 years democratic-republic and socialized countries (of which the people have the right to vote for who will rule them) which have elections run in a democratic way, will not try to destroy all religion or even some religions. I don't even believe Islamic countries will try that. I have told my JW mom and JW sister those views. They disagree with me but I have them.

There are simply too many people in countries which are in some sense democracies for the governments to try to destroy all religions. It is even hard for me to imagine that in 30 years from now such types of countries will try to do such, despite the rapidly rising percentage of people in the USA who claim to have no religion.

I certainly can't believe that an international coalition of all countries of the world (or even of all countries comprising the UN) would attempt to do destroy all religions (or even replace it with a government created religion) within 40 years. I have told my mom and sister that also.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If I am remembering correctly, the prophecy about the nations attacking religion is based on a vision in the book of Revelations. Like so many such visions, it is open to interpretation and does not deliver a clear message as to what will specifically happen. How do the nations mount an attack on religion? What does it mean that they utterly destroy it? Is it just legal restrictions? Removal of any beneficial status? A spoken/written condemnation? A direct attack on its followers? How would that work, considering that even now, something like 2/3s or 3/4s of the world's population identifies as religious?

The vagueness of the meaning makes it easy to point at any event and say that it is part of the fulfillment of the prophecy. Like so many prophecies and predictions from the past, it gets reinterpreted every time it is convenient to do so.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A stopped clock is right twice a day. The Watchtower has some catching up to do to even live up to a stopped clock. Dummkopfs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finding out that the UN charter has, in fact, clauses protecting religious freedoms was, in retrospect, one of my little wake-up moments.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Well, simply JWs have misinterpreted what Babylon the Great is. That is the problem. Babylon the Great is simply not a symbol of all the false religions of the world.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

The man of lawlessness mentioned in 2Thess2:8 is said to be destroyed by Jesus himself.

"Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence"

As evident, here is no indication that "the lawless one" would be destroyed by UN.

And in addition the "lawless one" is not what the WT org teaches it to be. They teach that it is the clergy.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

After chapter 3 in Revelation, the Christian church is never mentioned again. The saints are seen in heaven....but not here on earth. The Church age will be over when the rapture happens.

The man of lawlessness is one of the names given to some future world leader who leads a many nation coalition... aka antichrist.

The Harlot and False Prophet is the apostate end-time one-world church. Probably a conglomerate of a little of apostate christianity, islam, buddahism etc.

Babylon the Great is a commercial / religious entity .

The above is the view of most evangelicals.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

It’s plausible. At some point in time the era of religion in human history with the garb and rituals and fighting and interfering with secular goals will close. The money and focus will be on government giving people a better life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit