A question to Non-US forum members.

by Spoletta 55 Replies latest social current

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Average Joe I would have to agree with you but I'd add one point. The people are a definite plus point, nicest people in the world...and the health care system ( or lack)is absolutely terrifying.

However this home-state free university education for those who can't afford - if I understand that a arite - is great. In fact it seems to me in comparing the two an American education seems pretty damned good.

Perhaps someone from the US can confirm or deny, as they say?

Also Rainbow_troll why not try sunny Scotland...another place to get a free university education with the added advantage they speak your language ( well...usually LoL!!)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I'd like to visit the US, I don't think I'd like to live there.

But I would leave off visiting until Trump chaos dies down. I don't think he'll last long as president anyway, at least I hope not.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Now that Trump is on his way to Making America Great Again, will you consider moving here where you can get the best Healthcare and Education that anyone with a lot of money can buy, plus the ability to buy all the guns you need to protect yourself? And it gets better! If you are Caucasian, you need never worry about discrimination

You are truly a f-cking idiot...

sorry Simon

-An American

• sir82
    sir82

I was reading an article just yesterday - the US has, in effect a "trade surplus" with regard to tourism.

A lot more people come to visit the US than US folks go abroad. The difference is even more stark if you don't count visits to Canada and Mexican "cleaned up" tourist havens.

The article was saying that tourism experts expect a sharp decline in visits to the US.

Why would someone come to visit here, if they expect to be stopped frequently with demands to see their "papers", or if they perceive that they will be harassed by yahoos snarling "get out of my country"?

That may or may not actually happen, but the perception is there, based on what has happened in the past month.

Another entry in the log of unintended consequences for having a poorly-thought-out and even worse-executed travel plan.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

freemindfade. You never fail to confirm my opinion of you. Anyway, I wasn't talking to you. To the others, Thanks!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Well, we have this thing in America that allows you to call people idiots, even if you weren't talking to me, it's called the first amendment, and I am not looking for any respect or "good" opinion from a moron. Continue with your little confirmation bias session.

The day I look for validation for a simpleton, half-informed shit stirrer like you, is the day I have lost my mind lol

1. you aren't asking a question or looking for discussion

2. you are perpetuating the never ending outrage narrative that is so tired

3. you are looking for an echo chamber for bitching about America, not to discuss any big ideas, or philosophy

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Yeah, the OP is full of it, and I'm so sick of the white people have it easy because they're white narrative. If you do live in America, feel free to pack your bags and eff off if you don't like it and see how you do somewhere else.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    Also Rainbow_troll why not try sunny Scotland...another place to get a free university education with the added advantage they speak your language ( well...usually LoL!!)

Wow, okay, didn't know that you had free college over there. My dad was from Scotland which means I have dual citizenship, so emigrating would not be a problem for me. I'll look into it.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

you all want to judge America through the eye of the MSM and celebrities. This window is extremely elite and not that big and yet they judge and entire nation on sensationalism. Race baiting, virtue flag waving, it's really getting old.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Strangely, not much about tax rises though.

The politicians will just print more money as they always do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit