Do Circuit Overseers Give Up Their Lives For Jehovah?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Now think about it. If poor people and kids donated money whether it was 10, 20 or 25 bucks PLUS those with a lot of means gave money, that's a pretty good gig, if I should say so, myself. Damn, I shoulda been a CO!

• LDH
    LDH

Although, there was the one time in Auburn, NY, that the CO came back to our home for lunch (we lived one block from the KH and the CO usually stayed with us because he could 'serve' both congs without having to move).

Anyhow, this particular CO (I think it was John and Anne Arbor) had been promised 'lunch' by someone in the congregation. In the middle of winter, blizzard like weather, they got back to the hall to find that "lunch" was a loaf of white bread and a package of bologna. It was left outside the entrance of the hall, and half frozen.

How pathetic is that?

Lisa

Oscar Mayer Class

• minimus
    minimus

That experience should be put in the Yearbook.....The Trials and Tribulations of Our Traveling Ministers-------

• yesidid
    yesidid

I will just repeat. One of the brothers in my husbands family had property when he went on the circuit work and had to sell it to make ends meet.

• minimus
    minimus

I understand where you are coming from, Yesidid. Not EVERY CO makes money or gets a windfall but many do. Some CO's give up everything and probably have to scrape if they are in poor circuits. But if they aren't in poor circuits, they will recieve a lot of money and gifts.

• sis in distress
    sis in distress
    They have to pay for some food,[breakfasts fruit etc] , their clothing, their medical expenses, telephone, and computer. The fact is all their needs and expenses are not cared for.

This is ridiculous. Many a times as an MS I read resolutions to the congregations to pay for the CO's expeses. I've seen what they record as their expenses (I was also accounts servant) and it listed such things as cereal, the phone bill, gas and other minor things. They also get plenty of golden handshakes as well. My brother in law's grandfather was a CO and I know for a fact that he would get many "perks" from the friends. He was an avid golfer (his name was Sam Reno, btw) and he once told my brother in law that he never paid for his golf outings.

In short, although you are correct that the CO life is not some sort of panacea, you are quite wrong in stating that it is economically difficult for the majority.

Bradley

This is really a YES AND NO ANSWER let me explain, CO and thier wives get $20 a pc from bethel and they are to submit thier expenses to the local congo to pay- if they are in a very poor area and the congo can't pay they are to submit it to bethel/branch now this is THE KICKER IT ALL DEPENDS UPON THE CO as has been stated CO are like any other jw some are very sincere and others are not, some elders are sincere others are yes men and A$$ kissers i have exp many types of CO we had one co who would not submitt his personal expenses and we had to ask him, he would often pay out of his pocket and we would tell him we would cover it, i cked around and he did all the congo like that, esp for small items (fruit, a soda, etct) then we had OTHER CO who would give us this Itemized list of every damn thing he touched during the week for us to pay for and due to tHE MINDSET OF HE IS REP OF GOD ORG IT WOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF well being that our Circiut and congo had lots of BETHLITES LIKE MYSELF we felt he was DOGGING HIM so unlike alot of local elders who may not know folks at bethel one of my boys dropped a DIME ON THE CO TO BETHEL well at the next Circuit assembly elders meeting we REFEUSED TO PAY SOME OF HIS expenses IT WAS kinda unusally but we had former bethelites like myself who werwe used to GETTING OVER ON THE BRO DUE TO OUR TITLES so when he tried to pull that trick on us as former bethjelites we called him OUT- anyway a number of the elders that day were like HE IS GOD REP, AND WE A WERE like So What!!!!!! if it had not been for the number of former bethlites in our circuit i don't think an issue would have been raised or survived disscussion at any rate we had a committee formed to meet with him and discuss his charges and he got PISSED so we dropped another DIME on his Black A$$ and he got the dog letter from the SErvice desk- THE PO IN MY hall is a Voting Member so we were not worried about him taking any titles from us as retribution for dogging him at any rate after he left our Circuit in about 4 years we found out that They are now leaving in Reston VA with his NON-JW brotherin law yep got the SHAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

sis in distress,

it is kind of rude to copy and paste another person's words without giving them due credit, this is the second time today I've seen you do this with one of JT's posts. Has he given you permission to do this?

• sis in distress
    sis in distress
    sis in distress,

it is kind of rude to copy and paste another person's words without giving them due credit, this is the second time today I've seen you do this with one of JT's posts. Has he given you permission to do this?

Dan the Man don't worry about it. Me and JT are cool. In fact, I slept with JT last night.

P.S. My silly husband didn't log me out of the computer and then posted under my name.

Lady C

• GeddyLee
    GeddyLee
    Trust me, Circuit overseers get by pretty nicely. Before I dissasociated myself, I would visit my brother who has been a circuit overseer for years, and notice his top of the line Sony sound system, and dvd souround sound. I saw him once empty his brief case after he finished a visting a hall, and there was at least three hundred dollars there that he counted right in front of me. All of this while preparing to go to Spain on vacation for the second time in four years. Ya being a company man has its perks. Remove a few elders, ruin a few lives, and be a yes man, and you too can travel the world, on someone elses dime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit