The Bread Illustration (Feb 16 Broadcast) - Massive Contradiction

by fizzle 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

MORE CONTRADICTIONS TO REALITY - Since I was an elder for a long time - i know one of the things he said was COMPLETE BS. When he talked about if you sin seriously but are repentant - god forgives and its like it NEVER happened.

The BS in that is that at any elders meeting with wrong doing and especial with Judicial meetings - if a person has a history (i.e. a young person had sex repents, and then does it again) it is ALWAYS remembered - and the whole "This person has a PATTERN of sin - and this person is WICKED and not weak" is ALWAYS brought up. NOT FORGOTTEN!! And thats cuz how Elders are trained.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    According to the Bread illustration Paul should have been discarded by Jehovah at this point for "sinning against the holy spirit

Not according to God who is the judge. Paul was spiritually blind when he persecuted Christians. That was not the case with the Pharisees that Jesus referred to as sinning without forgiveness who spoke evil against the Holy Spirit after seeing it work.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Not according to God who is the judge. Paul was spiritually blind when he persecuted Christians. That was not the case with the Pharisees that Jesus referred to as sinning without forgiveness who spoke evil against the Holy Spirit after seeing it work.

Really! That's like me admitting I'm 5 minutes late for an appointment but I'm being accused of being 5 minutes and 15 seconds late! According to the bread illustration Paul should indeed have been discarded by Jah at this point for 'sinning against the Holy spirit'.

Good point fizzle!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Fisherman, the Pharisees were considered the most spiritually strong in their day. Paul was a Pharisee, he saw what Steven did, and he spoke evil and had Stephen killed after seeing it work. How does that make Paul spiritually blind, and not the Pharisees?

Your attempt at comparison holds no water.

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

The WT committed the unforgivable sin when they took the position of the "Holy Spirit" in baptizing people to their organization instead, they poison themselves & should be thrown in the trash to be forgotten! !

• prologos
    prologos

JWGB: " Paul should indeed have been discarded by Jah at this point for 'sinning against the Holy spirit'. yeah, for at the point of Stephen's stoning he must have heard of the miracles in Jerusalem, thousand of priests being baptized. and he started writing against the establishment he left, as some here. are we getting the message?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    According to the bread illustration Paul should indeed have been discarded by Jah

Take it up with Jehovah who forgave Paul and condemned the Pharisees to Gehena; And learn to listen. The video states at the very beginning that it is God that reads the hearts. Really, it does.

• clarity
    clarity

I thought this was a joke but watchtower is dead serious .........what a bunch of jw dopes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWrHi4KSjes

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Fisherman”: “Paul was spiritually blind when he persecuted Christians. That was not the case with the Pharisees that Jesus referred to as sinning without forgiveness . . .”

Well, if that were the case with the apostle Paul, then that would logically also have been the case with the other Pharisees to whom Jesus addressed in Matthew chapter 23 – the very same ones to whom Jesus said: “Serpents, offspring of vipers, how will you flee from the judgment of Gehenna?” (vs. 33). Jesus referred to them as being “blind” five times in that chapter: He called them blind guides” (vs. 16), blind ones!” (vs. 17), blind ones!” (vs. 18), blind guides” (vs. 24), and blind Pharisee” (vs. 26).

Now, don’t forget that Paul publicly said about himself at Acts 22:3: “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but educated in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, instructed according to the strictness of the ancestral Law, and zealous for God . . . ,” and at Galatians 1:13, 14 he said of himself: “I kept intensely persecuting the congregation of God and devastating it; and I was making greater progress in Judaism than many of my own age in my nation, as I was far more zealous for the traditions of my fathers.”

So, it looks to me like Paul was quite an educated and astute Jewish Pharisee, certainly one with the necessary discernment to realize whatever legitimacy there was to the evidence of God’s holy spirit in operation among the early Christians. There is absolutely no way I can see that Paul would have been any less blind than any of his fellow Pharisees. (As Forest Gump would probably say: “Blind is as blind does!”

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

That broadcast about how the sin is forgotten;

'' When he talked about if you sin seriously but are repentant - god forgives and its like it NEVER happened.''

I smell a rat. B.S. Almost everyJW, or big JW elder I know thinks or understands that any kind of sin is ALWAYS remembered.

That's the difference between what these broadcasts are telling the rank and file and what elders are instructed to do. Elders these days are trained to disfellowship quicker and reinstate slower. The ''err'' of the brother/sister who is reproved or df'd is remembered for A LOOOONG time. I caught that too, a complete spin of 180 degrees.

If it was a brother who slipped-up, he has to do nothing short of backflips to get his priviledges back, unless he was an elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit