US Letter Read Sunday 4/26 at Meeting - No KH Use and No Field Service Indefinitely

by JWTom 65 Replies latest jw friends

• JWTom
    JWTom

There was a letter read Sunday at our meeting that mentioned some parts of US are starting to open back up. However, regardless of things opening up that no Kingdom Halls should be used for any meetings of any kind. Also, no door-to-door ministry or any form of in-person ministry is allowed. It said this is for an indefinite time period - no end date.

Does anyone have the letter to share on here?

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

As a kid, I hated the ministry work even more than I detested those awful meetings. I wonder how many JW kids are whooping for joy right now?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yipeee!

just saying!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I don't have the letter, but I heard the same thing. Also continue to avoid any personal contacts with each other or visiting each other at private homes.

• carla
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like I've said, this thing has given the WTS the ideal pretext to shift into an "e-religion"; hell, it couldn't be more convenient if it were planned, IMO.

It'd be a massive cost-saving measure, super-easy, and the rank-and-file is now primed for it...

...all the incentives are in place.

Ten bucks says this becomes semi-permanent regardless of the pandemic's outcome.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

lots more halls will be up for sale.

• minimus
    minimus

Vid, how true. It’s like this virus was heaven sent for them.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Atlantis received a letter with that information, but he will not allow it to be posted until it has been verified. Folks over at Avoidjw and Atlantis are trying to see if the letter is real.

Why?

There is no letter-head to the letter. There is no Watchtower code at the bottom of the letter, such as (S-147-E) etc.

There is no signature at the bottom of the letter, such as (Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses), or anything like that which you would normally see.

I have it but I can not release it until we know the information is authentic.

We can not take it for granted that every letter being thrown out there is real.

Petra!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@atlantis: Good job vetting this kind of information. Perhaps if someone has a Zoom meeting recording where these things are read?

It would be great if this were a true disinformation campaign either from inside or outside that actual JW elders are picking up on and reading from the "platform".

On the other hand, although many places are opening across the country, these openings have great limitations. JW's going from door-to-door in an organized manner would not fall under 'necessary business' by any stretch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit