US Letter Read Sunday 4/26 at Meeting - No KH Use and No Field Service Indefinitely

by JWTom 65 Replies latest jw friends

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I can confirm that this letter was read at our Sunday Zoom meeting, it is 100% accurate.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Yes, this announcement was made Sunday. I heard it as well and it's accurate

• Biahi
    Biahi

Thank you for your caution in making sure these letters are genuine, Atlantis and Petra. You guys are wonderful! Come to my house, I will make you a wonderful dinnner.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Biahi:

Thank you so very much! We will be right over!

Petra!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Coronavirus or none, they should not be wasting their time and energy getting the reptilians the energy to enslave the whole planet. They will do that soon enough as it is, and if too many idiots rely on that bible, quran, torah, or talmud, we will be there that much faster and worse. And for spreading that trash, they are spreading the energy that manifested as coronavirus and is about to manifest RFID chips and total global tyranny.

And they wonder why Hitler was so against this stupid religion?

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

This letter was read at the Zoom Meeting for Service Sunday. We (Congregation) are getting announcements sometimes directly from the C.O. during this COVID-19 pandemic. Some of the letters do not have letterhead.

I recently stepped aside after serving 25 years as an elder and three as a M.S. I'm PIMO for the last two years, third generation, born in. I've been reading this forum the past two years, and will soon add my story to the long list of J.W's that are leaving and are fed up!

IWant2Leave

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

So it's not saying that KH's will be closed indefinitely, just for the foreseeable.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

If they closed the halls, they would meet in small groups in homes and zoom. Same as book studies afterward and before; they stopped book studies because people were talking too much. I don't think they'll do that. Besides, they aren't going to tell people not to meet together after the pandemic.

Are they going to pull the one and only GT card and say stay in your interior rooms? That would only last a few years and they're done.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Yes, that is exactly the announcement I heard too.

This sentence is what a friend (not very sure of that anymore) used as their excuse to continue to stay away from everyone except during ZOOM "meetings": To the extent possible, it is recommended to stay at home, to maintain social distancing, to clean hands frequently, to wear face coverings in public settings, to limit physical contact with older and high-risk publishers.

Are they going to pull the one and only GT card and say stay in your interior rooms?

The same friend said, "The Branch has told us to stay at our homes, and NOT go out."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "...I still think the religion is on its way to dwindling down to a very small sect...."

Technically, they've kind of always been a "very small sect"...

...but seriously, yeah, I have a tough time seeing how this would improve their long-term membership and asset fortunes...

...IMO, morphing into an e-religion can't help but further facilitate a decline, simply because a predominantly online presence makes it that much easier for faders, fakers, and fence-sitters to GTFO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit