Is my friend on the way out of the organisation?

by The Rebel 32 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I think friendship should be unconditional. Since my disassociation I have never held animosity to being shunned. Friendship to me is unconditional. But I really had difficulty stopping the tears rolling down my eyes with this email.

Here I am presented with what maybe is an opportunity to help a friend whose awakening. This I hope is just not a wonderful thought, and I was so encouraged by that email it really made " my heart rejoice". So I won't blow this opportunity and have decided to just pay the plumbing bill. That's the one thing I learnt as a door knocker don't rush things.

The Rebel.

• Gayle
    Gayle
    exciting,, I just get that when new ones come on site here & make their first comment. at least he is making contact with you. In the name of "business." Just a thought, it has happened, that ones were disfellowshipped just eating at a restaurant with a DA/DF'd person. Maybe? he could just pick up your check at your place, (easy cover) and come in a moment, simple chat, cup of coffee, and see where conversation goes from there?i
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Gayle thank you for the reply. To clarify my friend has no contact with this board he emailed me privately on a business matter. ( yes plumbing matters are business matters)

Most importantly I appreciate all the advice.

Even more importantly if someone had asked me who from my former indoctrinated friends i would consider least likely to defect, I would answer him. ( I use the term "him" because it's best not to give even a first name, as the sight may be monitored)

So going back to the contents of my O.P I hope my policy of being patient and allowing friends to awaken in their own time is on the verge of my first success.

I really hope so.

The Rebel.

• cognac
    cognac
    You aren't going to go to dinner with him? I think you should...
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Cognac:- " you aren't going to dinner with him? I think you should...."

The Rebel ( A) yes it does seem so ridiculously childish, but things change when you disassociate yourself. I am not saying I am less mature, what I am saying to my understanding i would be placing my friend in an unnecessary situation that could become counter productive to his awakening. So I think I shouldn't.

Whatever, when I came to this site I was insecure in my leaving, now my cheeks are less red and I feel free of my indoctrination. If I can help a friend escape to I am there for him...

Anyway unfortunately ( or should I write fortunately) having a life of my own my last post today, But thanks for all the advice. I am not sure I would not be so balanced in my thinking without the posters that come and go here. And to have shared those experiences I really appreciate. Which is why I therefore have shared mine. So conflicts and all from each poster I therefore think it wonderful.

The Rebel.

• Diogenesister
  • JustMe2
    JustMe2
    So I won't blow this opportunity and have decided to just pay the plumbing bill.

And as you said in your OP,

and say if you want to talk I am here for you.
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    Renew the friendship! If they are willing to associate with you despite you being DAed, that is awesome! They might be waking up.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I would definitely recommend the dinner together, and casually broach the subject with 'you DO know I'm disassociated, right?' And see how he responds. Leave it up to him. In any case don't go into a ttatt tirade. Proceed with caution, and emphasize how hard it is when one mate is a mentally in witness and the other 'knows things' and how you wouldn't wish that on him.
  • Gayle
    Gayle
    his email continued:-

"would be interesting to catch up, was interested in your comment about paedophiles. It also seems there is an issue with money at the moment as they stopped work at Chelmsford and some bethelites have been laid off"

he clearly 'wants' to talk with you, even about WT issues. he is reviewing this organization. It can be a lonely time when one is starting re-analyzing, questioning things and have no one to talk with. Go for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit