Is my friend on the way out of the organisation?

by The Rebel 32 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Not sure if you are male or female Rebel .... but if male, by all means meet-up, good friends are gold. If you are female .... I smell a rat!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Gayle - "...he clearly 'wants' to talk with you, even about WT issues. he is reviewing this organization. It can be a lonely time when one is starting re-analyzing, questioning things and have no one to talk with."

Hooo, boy, that takes me back.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Rebel does he know you are DA? If not you should tell him and also tell him you are willing to meet but insist that it be private for his own safety.....he may be pleased that you care.

The Society used to not Shun a person because they no longer believed. Back in 1980 they changed the rule. Raymond Franz was having a public lunch with his friend who was also his part time employer and his landlord. Ray was brought before his local Elders, questioned as to what one elder had seen (lunch with his friend) and promptly DF Ray. Everyone who read about this situation in Ray's book C of C pretty much concluded that this rule change was to get Ray discredited.

Ray was a GB for 10 or so years if they did that to him what will they do to your friend the Plummer?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks for all the replys, sadly it was false hope.

The Rebel.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Rebel, how did you find out?
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Hi Faye. " Rebel, how did you find out?"

I answered his question by email, and made an additional comment that was raised on here, and he simply didn't reply.

The Rebel.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Thanks rebel. I'm sorry!! I know your hopes must have been raised. I'm curious what your comment was. Possibly he's thinking about what to reply, or maybe he's just beginning to doubt and he felt a sudden wave of disloyalty.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Even more importantly if someone had asked me who from my former indoctrinated friends i would consider least likely to defect, I would answer him.

Many would have considered me in that "least likely to defect" category. But my defection came at my own time and pace. With being a JW, it's not just about opening up to doubts, it's realizing all the consequences that come with opening up to TTATT.

If he's not really ready for that, the best you can do for him is be a good example. Be a happy, healthy, and productive member of the human family, and not a bitter, angry, or argumentative "apostate". Give him plenty of space and time, it's not like an "exJW armageddon" is coming tomorrow and he'll be destroyed if he's still in the cult.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme
    Have dinner with him
  • kairos
    kairos
    Give him plenty of space and time, it's not like an "exJW armageddon" is coming tomorrow and he'll be destroyed if he's still in the cult.

This is very useful in my mind. Yes!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit