Some thoughts on the new midweek meeting

by Saltheart Foamfollower 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

CLAM = Candy, Lollipops, and a Movie

It's their new plan to raise attendance at the midweek meeting.

Hopefully with the fun new format, fewer children will be dragged to the back room to be beaten. ;-)

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    *Christian life and ministry
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Incredibly boring.

Just meetings ramped-up all about the ''preaching work''. Really, really ramped-up toward the ministry these days. Videos and all.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

So how does that work? Same questions every week or what?

Yes, same two questions week after week. Not word for word as I tried to forget them, but pretty well as asked below.

What does this weeks BR teach me about Jehovah?

How can I use it in the Field Serve-us?

• kookie
    kookie

It's designed for the young ones, the whole concept to dumb down, they don't really care about the older mature b/s, the elders just will go along because most are society men and don't wan to lose their position.

this is all about control nothing more nothing less and especially towards the younger ones, besides those born ins for the most wouldn't know how to defend most WT teachings by using the bible, its to make it easier placing leaflets mags its now acceptable don't worry about preaching from the bible really you have these leaflets that is all you need.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Listen obey and be bored.

I intended to attend the first one for curiously reason but missed it. I have not/will it be attending any others.

Lurkers wake up. I am starting to think the gb wants everyone to go away out of dicomfort or apathy.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Yes I agree with all your points. From a JW point of view - it's a train wreck. It is SO boring!! The new "school" is completely pointless, and will be completely repetitive and boring. What a bad idea. Having the bookstudy at the end is like putting a knife in the gut. You are already 1/2 asleep, and now you still have a 1/2 of the most boring part.

Our attendance is not good.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    What does this weeks BR teach me about Jehovah?

They're still trying to psychoanalyse their invisible friend. Time would be better spent sorting their own heads out.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen some of the videos (though not at the boasting session--I viewed them from my own computer), just to see how lame they would be. I noted the presentation videos were pathetic in quality--downright lousy. The "forgiveness" video was quite wretched--I doubt it stops at forgiving an accident. Rather, it includes bringing in other, unrelated incidents into the mix--if you don't forgive the broken toy (on purpose?), you will not be forgiven the other made-up sins you did.

And what's with always sending WHITE people to Africa for missions? When do they see videos showcasing Africans or Asians going there? The congregations are not mainly white, so why do they always showcase white people going to these countries? To me, that is an invasion of their culture--and for what? Just so they can waste their lives and savings on this. They could have invested the funds into a monster box of silver eagles or Maple leafs, or a big bag of silver dimes, quarters, and/or halves. They could have had some fun with it, buying toys for their children and spending time on recreation. But no, they wasted it on this rubbish. And to think the jokehovians are going to view that smut?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    "there is no longer any room for any form of individualism.."

That was my otherwise devout family's complaint "The questions are all scripted and they want pat answers" they observed... I get the feeling that they go out of duty and faith in the cause, but it is no pleasure .

To me, that is an invasion of their culture--

I don't think you get the idea.. The whole point is to get them to abandon their culture and follow the American WTS "after all, it will gain them everlasting life" they say....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit