Some thoughts on the new midweek meeting

by Saltheart Foamfollower 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    Isn't there some scripture about not being overly burdened or something along those lines?
    (Matthew 23:1-7 NWT) . . .Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: 2 “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. 3 Therefore, all the things they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but they do not practice what they say. 4 They bind up heavy loads and put them on the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. 5 All the works they do, they do to be seen by men, for they broaden the scripture-containing cases that they wear as safeguards and lengthen the fringes of their garments. 6 They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats in the synagogues 7 and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi by men.

It is sort of amazing how much of this actually does describe them.

Bobcat

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    It is sort of amazing how much of this actually does describe them.- Bobcat

It's because that is a description of religious leaders everywhere and in every time period.

• zeb
    zeb

"There is no longer any room for any form of individualism "

when was there?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    It's because that is a description of religious leaders everywhere and in every time period.
    Touche'

Bobcat

• truthlover
    truthlover

I really find it easy -- I download the workbooks from the site, read with the reader -- click on scriptures that appear so quickly on the tablet, sing a song, watch the presentations - although live ones are doing the presenting( some times) .. and I don't have to do a thing....

Why did the org think this was a good idea? Daydreaming during the meeting works for me.... I pre plan my next day and things I have to do since I don't have to think about deep subjects anymore...

This is all sarcastic of course!

and those black out presentations -- how does the sister grab the magazine or book out of the side pocket of her briefcase without looking... amazes me every time.. like pulling a gun out of a holster... just insane- its a miracle

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

NSFW

I was interested when I heard about two sisters at the CLAM meeting - and then I found out that there was no JOUSTING.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit