To me this seams like more than a coincidence ...

by Greybeard 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Sorry if this has been discussed before...

For a few days now, this question has been going through my mind. What was the date the Governing Body took the sole role of the Faithful and Discreet Slave and how close was it to the end of the Mayan Calendar in December of 2012? I looked it up on jwfactes.com and sure enough, checkout the date on this article:

"“The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.”" jw.org 10th Nov 2012

Just a coincidence? Maybe, I don't think so myself...

• Landy
    Landy

I was born the day man landed on the moon. I mean, what are the odds of that! Can't be a coincidence!

My car registration is KG15 XAT. Imagine, out of all the number/letter combinations there are it had to be that one. Can't be a coincidence.

• cofty
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

More likely someone of the anointed had a beef with the governing body and so they said, "oh really" now you are no longer a member of this FDS.

I've come to realize there's not been a single thing that became "new light" that didn't end up being merely fallout from some event. Literally like every thing.

• Island Man
    Island Man

The date was sometime in 1919. That's when the Governing Body took the sole role of Faithful and discreet slave . . . only they they didn't know this until sometime in 2012, exactly when they became aware of it is not mentioned to my knowledge. They didn't take on that role in 2012. They merely reported then that they recently came to realize that they - only the Governing Body - took on that role in 1919.

Coincidences - especially when persons try to point to supposed paranormal or conspiracy-theory-esque connotations - don't really impress me. Coincidence do happen and we don't need to be reading any special significance into them unless there is real evidence to suggest otherwise.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Sorry if this has been discussed before...

I think you're probably safe. There's not too many people that would make this particular assertion.

Furthermore, I don't think it even qualifies as a coincidence. The most popular date for the "end" (which it wasn't, really) of the mayan calendar is Dec. 21 2012, so I don't see how that very specific date relates to something that happened a month and a half prior. In addition to this, if you'd bothered to follow the link referenced on the jwfacts site you would've seen that the date refers not to when this change occurred but to when the article summarizing the annual meeting was published online. The change became official JW doctrine when it was announced at the annual meeting in October. So one event happened nearly 3 months prior to the other.

Given that nothing actually happened on Dec. 21 2012 makes your assertion of some connection all the more irrelevant.

I don't know why I'm bothering with this. I just always find it profoundly irritating when people try to make something out of nothing like this.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Dear One Eyed Joe,

No comment,

To the rest of you, thank you for your replies, I am hoping to hear from the real crazy metaphysical type people on this lol ;)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Greybeard,

Do you live in Colorado? Oregon?

Doc

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hi greybeard. Let's just say for arguments sake they did indeed choose that year to reveal that new light, what is the significance do you think?

Just wondering why that date with all it's end of time implications would matter to them, is all.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    F Franz back again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit