New JW.Watch Website - Plans, Ideas & Submissions

by Simon 36 Replies latest forum announcements

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Don't reenforce the belief that the WTS is in control

This is why I don’t believe in writing a disassociation letter. The WT has no right to ask for one, and I have no obligation to write one. Screw them.

• Simon
    Simon

Exactly, why follow their rules, their process? Does anyone imagine that is there for your benefit instead of their own?

This is the kind of thing I want to document. That people have choices, that they don't have to follow a script someone else has given them.

Tear it up, you make your own rules. Make it hard for them to screw you over, don't make it convenient by doing what they want you to!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon, you seem...

...different.

Upbeat.

Cheerful, even.

You okay?

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, the brain-transplant operation was a complete success. LOL

I'm just trying to help do my bit and encourage more voices and content.

I found a new channel today, love his approach which is about recovery and moving on. I've added a couple of videos to the site:

https://jw.watch/

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Just want to say if anyone wants me to go over anything they submit to check for grammar & spelling I'm 100% here for that.

Not because I have a particular skill in that regard - simply because four eyes are better than two (or in my case six eyes are better than two....or it could be four? Oh you get my drift). In my experience everyone; but everyone, makes at least some errors when they write anything lengthy.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Simon do you know about Watchtower History site?

I think they would be good to include because they are not "apostates" but rather two academics whose hobby is watchtower history and could be seen by JWs as a neutral source? Just a thought as a link??

https://youtu.be/XBWMonB5j9I

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks, that would be good - one of the surprising things is that exJWs (and never JWs) often know a whole lot more about the organization than the people loyal to it.

Almost like those things are connected somehow.

• Simon
    Simon
    In my experience everyone; but everyone, makes at least some errors when they write anything lengthy

I don't think my fingers are always fully connected to my brain!

So yeah, if you ever see anything that doesn't make sense or is plain wrong (more on an "article site", no need for every little comment on here) just let me know - thanks :)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - "I don't think my fingers are always fully connected to my brain..."

I have that problem with my mouth.

It's not so bad, once you get used to the beatings.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Another suggestion that came to mind....how about a book review/recommendation section (books related to watchtower or leaving watchtower/cults?) I noticed Slim has very the pretty pricey 'Rutherfords Coup' book and wrote a small piece on it, plus Jeff has a new book that was reviewed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit