Introduction - Any Believers?

by Believer 240 Replies latest jw experiences

• Believer
    Believer

Ok. Coffy. Let’s make this interesting. I have read all of the books in the Nag Hammadi Library. They are interesting and the meet the standard of your question – primary source information about Jesus not contained in the NT. But the book that provides the most reliable and comprehensive information about Jesus is The Urantia Book. So let’s start there. Pull out quotes about Jesus from the Urantia Book and we can discuss them.

• Believer
    Believer

Better yet, when you get your quotes together, start a new thread about Jesus and the Urantia Book. This topic is about whether their are any believers who have left the WT. Let's keep the topics separate.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

At best i believe in an "instigator". A person/spirit/thing that at least started the creation process.

It seems to me that after we were created we were left to it. I don't believe "sin" exists. We attach meaning to things ourselves.

Thank you Watchtower for f***ing up my reasoning skills.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Cofty,

If you are reading this forum 20 post per page go back to page 5 my earlier post. I refuse to get into a debate with the likes of you. I explained my beliefs in an earlier post. I believe our God is a God of Love and that Bible was written by men and not inspired by God.

Do not direct any further questions my way.

• LV101
    LV101

Welcome, Believer.

I totally relate to the good feelings of believing in God you've referred to. I was reluctant to even read posts unless it was a Christian's info/scriptures, etc., although I knew I didn't know the science or have the facts. Stay tuned, there's some very intelligent members and you'll learn so much.

COFTY - can't wait until you post on the topic of Dr. Michio Kaku's video/CNSNews.com. re universal intelligence. I'll be patient.

• Simon
    Simon
    t seems you haven’t looked into the contents of the books on the list either. Sure there are many books that are commentaries about the NT, but there are other books that are original primary source information. Take a look at the 40-50 books found in the Nag Hammadi Library.

Well, neither have you. I'm sure if there was some specific evidence you would point to it with glee. Instead you resort to claiming that because someone else hasn't read an entire library of books to tell you that there is nothing in them that your claim is therefore true.

It simply isn't.

It's up to you to provide the proof to back up your claims.

You can't.

Jesus was a poorly written character in a badly written book with an overarching plot that makes no sense and for historical and political reasons has been made into something 'he' wasn't.

• cofty
    cofty
    Do not direct any further questions my way. - rebelfighter

If only this was your personal blog you could have your wish.

But the book that provides the most reliable and comprehensive information about Jesus is The Urantia Book. - Believer

Oh dear!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    But the book that provides the most reliable and comprehensive information about Jesus is The Urantia Book. -Believer
    Oh dear!

Oh dear indeed!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Urantia_Book

• Believer
    Believer

Simon, just take a look at the link I gave you. Chapters 122 - 135 are all about the birth to adulthood of Jesus. Practically none of that is in the NT.

• sparky1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit