For Mexican food Lovers only!

by jst2laws 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I'm from Southern California and Mexican food here is second nature .... like roast beef and mash potatos. Love great fajitas and carne asada tacos or burritos.... oh wait....wait (mouth watering)... how about chili colorado burritos....yi yi yi yoweeeeeeeeee .. QUE BUENO !!!!!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

<shudder at the thought of Soy Sauce fajitas>

There oughta be a law or sumthin'!! This can't be true...no...wait...I'm wrong ...it can be true.

Years ago, I was visiting my old college roommate whose husband was teaching at Murray State College in Murray, TN. Now, this is a small college town so if you want to go shopping at a mall you go up to Paducah, KY. So, being that we love to shop we head north to Paducah.

After a strenous shopping spree you work up an appetite. Being that native Texans can't go without Mexican food for very long, we decided to eat at El Chico's. I mean...it is a fairly good Mexican place. Not the best..but it will do for Kentucky.

We order what we like..we're laughing and having a good visit when the food arrives. Hot DAMN!! Mexican food!! Mouths watering in anticipation at the yummy looking fajitas....got the tortilla...got the beef...some cheese...little bit of guacamole....mmmmmmmmm...Yes!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...wanna guess what's wrong?? C'mon...I dare ya....

nope...

nope..not that either...

ok...I'll tell you...

They put SUGAR in the guacamole!!

What's with you people?!?! That is just wrong.

Lisa

• Xena
    Xena
    They put SUGAR in the guacamole!!

Ok Ok....that's pretty bad...no no it's VERY bad....BUT....we also went to a BBQ place in Virginia....and they put...dare I say it....COLESLAW ON the BBQ sandwich...that's right, not beside it...not in a plate next to it where it belonged...but right there on top of the brisket... YUCK!

*sigh* northerners...what ya gonna do????

lol sorry to hijack the thread with cuisine horror stories....

back to GOOD Mexian food...glad to hear ya'll found some!

• talesin
    talesin

Soy sauce marinade? Sugar in the guac? I name that 'food poisoning'.

Blecch! What is wrong with these people?

Arrowstar, I'm still thinking about yr Mexican feast a couple weeks ago. Can't wait to make my (first) Texas visit.

Question: Is Tex-Mex different from SoCal? The best I had was in Manhattan Beach, second best in (believe it or not) Augusta, Maine. Pedro's South of the Border (S.Carolina) sucked. We have Tex-Mex here, but it's not too great.

tal (who does not eat to live, but lives to eat!)

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Do not, I repeat, do not, eat Mexican food outside of Texas, Oklahoma or New Mexico. I've tried it in Florida, Missouri, Pennsylvania and Colorado. It was all bad. They don't call it Tex Mex down here for nothing. Bug

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Heed the words of Shutterbug!!

You just can't trust Tex-Mex outside of the state. It's just not right!

talesin...you come on down here and we'll cook up a feast again like we did for COMF's birthday.

Lisa

p.s. Xena...there's a whole chain of BarBQ places called Red, Hot and Blue Memphis BarBQ that serve the coleslaw on the meat. Only down here they know we don't like it that way so the waiters ASK if you want it on the side. No surprises here ..thank you very much.

Lisa

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

ArrowStar and Xena,

SUGAR! The guacamole is one of my favorite vices with the high fat content, but to ADD SUGAR, ?????

Not to mention the tendancy to

Makes me shutter.

Jst2laws

• Xena
    Xena
    p.s. Xena...there's a whole chain of BarBQ places called Red, Hot and Blue Memphis BarBQ that serve the coleslaw on the meat.

Hard to believe so many people don't understand the concept and purity of BBQ isn't it?

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

jst2lws -

I make great guacamole. Love the stuff!! I'm with you ..chips...salsa...and guacamole. It's the best.

Y'all get on down here and we'll cook up a storm, whadda say??

Lisa

• Prudence
    Prudence

ENJOY!

(Salsa Red)

Prudence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit