Jehovah's Vatican Scandal?

by mrmagic 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

Someone sent this link of Kelso Law Firm and their blog post on Cardinal Pell being Australia's most hated man. The implications are very interesting, as this is the 3rd most powerful man in the Vatican. The Catholic Church is no doubt much larger than Jehovah's Witnesses, however, the JW's incidence of child sexual abuse is about 4 times higher than the Catholic Church's child sex abuse (and subsequent coverups).

The main thread tying Cardinal Pell and the other Vatican scandals to Jehovah's Witnesses is the Australian Royal Commission. Seems like there is a definite political interest in holding this man accountable for the Prime Minister, with the pressure being super ON.

Who'd have thought, little old unknown Australian Royal Commission.....

• mrmagic
  • John Davis
    John Davis

Obviously, the child abuse issue within Watchtower is bad. But I don't get how people say it is 4 times or on JWSurvey one commenter keeps saying 18 times worst than the Catholic Church. I don't get where you are coming up with these comparison numbers.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

Hi John Davis, here try this

You'll need to google a bit to get the #'s, but it shouldn't take you more than 30 to 45 minutes to find them and verfify them with at least 3 different credible *outside* sources.

Keep in mind child sex abuse is extremely underreported and when you're dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses, they have systems in place to reward pedophilia with the 2 witness rule and the pervasive Serpico Syndrome that seems to run through Jehovah's Witnesses bones.

• John Davis
    John Davis

Again there is the statement that it is 4 times as bad as the Catholic Church. that is a definitive statement, so there has to be proof of that.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yup I've never heard the ×4 rule either.

• John Davis
    John Davis
    I am in no way saying that Watchtower doesn't have a problem with paedophiles. But unless you are saying that all JWs are the equivalent in rank to a Catholic Priest then the numbers don't add up. Yes, there are 1,006 paedophiles that were found by the ARC but not all of them were elders, which I would consider as the equivalent to a Catholic Priest or a Protestant Minister. Only a small amount were actually elders or pioneers or MS, while the rest were just publishers in the congregations. Unless the ARC took into account every paedophile's religion into consideration and tallied that up to give a number of paedophiles in each religion you cannot compare apples to apples but you are comparing apples to oranges.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

It's a ratio number. Even though the Catholic Church has been covering up their sexual abuse problem for hundreds of years.......... You may be more at risk in your kingdom halls then Catholic churches.

When you consider the number of Catholics in the UK as compared to the number of Jehovah’s Witnesses these are horrific numbers. How many priests are listed over the last four years? According to the list 137 Priests were in court or charged with abuse. When you consider there are 5.7 million Catholics as compared to 137,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses ( where there were 26 Elders accused) the ratio works out to one Catholic priest molester to 41,605 Catholics as compared to one Jehovah’s Witness elder molester to 5,269 Jehovah’s Witnesses. That helps to show the epidemic proportions of the abuse problem within Jehovah’s Witnesses.

http://www.silentlambs.org/ukpedophileratio.htm

The ratio is much higher for the JWs.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Are there 2 stories going on here?

Why is a Catholic nun at the kingdom hall and also at a convention? What is the tie in to the OP?

In all my decades in the JW..org money making Business of Religion, I have never heard anyone "tell" on anyone. After getting out and reconnecting with different ones, there was a lot of evil behavior taking place by active Dubs. The last one I heard of when an active JW grandmother was confronted by her grand daughter's telling her that grandmother's husband had molestated her, she was in total denial. Why her good pioneering Elder husband wouldn't do that! Then she only wanted the girl to be quiet and not rock the boat and certainly not "tell" anyone. Oh Horrors! In JW's mind set, it is worse to "tell" than to be the perpetrator! "Oh, we cannot dishonour god Jehovah's name by saying such horrid things about him and his people. Why, we might stumble some worldly person... and then we would be blood guilty that they did not commit to WT's (lies).

In the congo I grew up in and in the neighboring ones, I knew only the tip of the iceberg of what was really happening (and there was lots of evil behaviour perpetrated against children). People were getting DF for adultery and fornication, but incest and pedophilia, were not talked about. Those who are victims are usually quieted by fears of threatened death to themselves or other family members or their beloved pet. That this is the twenty first century and JW's are actually getting caught and exposed for their wickedness is 100% fantastic.

WT/JW..org holds to certain dogma's such as their 2 person rule, when all it is really doing, is covering up it's evil behaviour so that the GB can keep their business model looking clean and respectable when in all honestly, it is anything but clean and respectable. They are white washed graves that are full of rot and decay. Despicable!

• John Davis
    John Davis

I understand that it is a ratio that you are looking at but you would have to do a ratio of the number of Catholic priests to the number of Catholic priests who are paedophiles, that is one ratio. Then you would do a ratio of the number of elders to the number of elders that are paedophiles. So it is not just a ratio of priests to the number of Catholics just like elders to the number of JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit