Jehovah's Vatican Scandal?

by mrmagic 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2

I had not realized 26 JW elders had been before the Courts in the UK from the early 2,000s to 2014. The list on SilentLambs ends in 2014:

Does this mean that in the 2 1/2 years since then, no further allegations and/or Court appearances have been made by JW elders in the UK?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Deleted
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

The problem appears to be a mixing up of the statistical data.

I'm just the messenger.... 1 + 1 does not equal 3, even if you want it to.

In the UK - there are actually MORE JW Elders than Catholic Priests.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOISLANE:

Your post is 100% correct.

In the Jehovah's Witness religion it is a WORSE thing to report crimes by JWs to secular authorities (which is what JWs claim everybody's in subjection to until they are divinely removed). Lot of hypocrisy going on here.

Bottom line is the JW religion does not want its dirt known by the public even if it means that you should be victimized or even end up dead. Period. They are not interested in justice of any kind - only the false appearance of righteousness they want the public to swallow.

Yes, I have no doubt that the pedo problem is worse in the JW religion than in the Catholic religion. I don't need an actual statistic to tell me this.

• John Davis
    John Davis

Well LongHairGal glad that statistics and facts don't affect your opinion.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOHN DAVIS:

I'm afraid there is no way to get accurate statistics and "facts" when you are dealing with a secretive religion that hides things.

I'm sure that does not affect your opinion!

• John Davis
    John Davis

I agree with you that we don't know the whole story, but when you say you don't NEED actual statics that is a different statement.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOHN DAVIS:

Just for your information, I will clarify what I meant when I said "I don't need actual statistics".

Since the Jehovah's Witness religion is a secretive religion that hides things; intimidates people into not reporting or saying anything; has made people sign gag orders in past settlements; has an unhealthy culture (unlike the Catholics which I was raised) where everybody is in everybody's business and there are no boundaries and children are made to think they can trust everybody (bad idea). In the Catholics a child was in danger from priests. In the JWs, they're in danger from everybody.

For these and other reasons I haven't thought of, I believe that they would have a worse problem than the Catholic religion which at least came clean about their problem. It's about probability.

• John Davis
    John Davis

LongHairGal I agree with you that is not a healthy environment and that it is probably worst than that Catholic Church's scandal but when people say that Watchtower is 4X or 18X those are quantities those require statistics and facts to make that kind of statement.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I dont have statistical figures showing whether JW`s are worse than the R.C.Church as far as Child abuse goes.

However somebody out their will come up with these statistics sooner or later .

Jehovahs witnesses have only 8 Million members

R.C.Church has over 1 Billion members.

One day soon I hope someone will make a comparison between the two

I`m inclined to think while the JW`s may not be worse than the R.C.Church in a ration scenario, members /victims , I wouldnt be surprised if JW`s were pretty close to them.

However it remains for someone more cluey than I am.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit