opportunity for fornication

by road to nowhere 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I always found this to be true. Most of the sex talks I heard at the meetings I never ever thought of. But after the talk that all i would think of. The WT was the main culprit in putting idea's into people's head. Still Totally ADD

• Splash
    Splash

I once took an older sister out on field service in my car.

She went to get in the back seat.

I told her to get in the front or walk - I'm not a taxi. She saw the stupidity of it and climbed in the front.

No sex.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That was my favorite rule. I loved it. I wasn't allowed to hang out alone with any sister, but it was ok to spend as much time with the brothers. For a gay man that arrangement cannot be better.

Seriously, they are so stupid and hung up on their ridiculous homophobic ways of thinking, that they pretend that those rule are supposed to keep people from doing anything they want to do. Those rules around people and sex ar just absurd. They are super simplistic, irrelevant, stupid, and trust me, they never stopped any JW I knew from doing whatever or whoever.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Any WT links to chaperoning policies?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The more something is forbidden, the greater the temptation. This is no different than someone on a draconian diet where just about everything good is forbidden. They are going to be tempted by everything. Now, what happens if that doctor ends up croaking or getting its license pulled, and the new doctor realizes that this diet is only adding to the problem. Suddenly, all those good food items are permitted. Now, how tempting are they going to be?

This is why they need all those rules. If they are so tight on sex, it becomes that which is forbidden and thus more tempting. If they relax the rules, no one is going to be tempted by a "sister" that is 98 and shows it. When you work with nature, instead of against it, it makes things so much easier and requires so much less in the way of extra rules.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wasn't the Org's constant freakout about brothers and sister being alone together due to one or two unmarried couples getting it on during service?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    just fine - "JW's think everything and everyone is an opportunity for sex. Young brother picks up 90 year old woman for the meeting, she must ride in the back, because the temptation would be too much. 🤢 After leaving you realize that people aren't that preoccupied with sex, and you can go on business trips, and to dinner with coworkers and nobody spontaneously starts cavorting on the table. 😀"

Of course people under a sexually repressive regime will be more preoccupied with sex then those who are not.

Humans naturally think more about things we can't have (or don't get much of).

We can't help it.

• hoser
    hoser

I have a female secretary. Sometimes we are in the office together by ourselves. Sometimes in the evenings and on weekends too. No romp in the supply room yet.

Watchtower policy makers have a vivid imagination me thinks.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

When my husband and I were dating we were not even allowed in the front room of his mother's house even though she was in the next room watching television and the door was open. I felt insulted that they thought so little of us.

We had an old brother in our congregation that looked like Dumbledore from Harry Potter and he said if he saw a sister walking to the meeting in the pouring rain and she was soaked to the skin he would not give her a lift as he didn't want anyone thinking there was something going on. Fat chance!

• Island Man
    Island Man

Well to be fair, JW culture is so sexually repressed that the fears they seek to address by such ridiculous rules may indeed be well founded. They have created a problem that should not exist and have to resort to pharisaic rules to counter it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit