opportunity for fornication

by road to nowhere 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jp1692
    jp1692

Don't think of sex! Don't think of sex!

Whatever you do: DON'T THINK OF SEX!!!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I took an extended vacation trip with a woman friend some years ago. Funny thing was that even though we shared the same motel room several nights in a row we did not have sex.

I guess in JW-dom if that is proof of sex happening I am in a world (see what I did there?) of hurt for all the times I bunked with guys in the same room to save costs when I was playing one night stands with a road band. Did that make me a homosexual?

I have maintained for a long time that when a JDub throws around the term "sex mad" they are mirroring their own personality.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Phoebe - "When my husband and I were dating we were not even allowed in the front room of his mother's house even though she was in the next room watching television and the door was open. I felt insulted that they thought so little of us."

Even when I was back in, the level of ridonkulous uberconservative freakout sometimes displayed by hardcore loyalists made me roll my eyes so hard, it hurt.

Phoebe - "We had an old brother in our congregation that looked like Dumbledore from Harry Potter and he said if he saw a sister walking to the meeting in the pouring rain and she was soaked to the skin he would not give her a lift as he didn't want anyone thinking there was something going on."

Even the Org would acknowledge that as stoopid.

In fact, now that I think about it, they did acknowledge at one point recently that there would naturally be common-sense exceptions due to extenuating circumstances...

...probably (I suspect) because the fear of looking bad to the congregation had ended up getting someone hurt or killed.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The GB / Society must think that every "worldly person" automatically has sex with someone of the opposite sex if alone together!

They really are so obsessed it is laughable!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

I experienced this idiocy back in the day when there was an odd sister that nobody wanted to drive home.

The brothers tried to use the excuse that it "wasn't proper" - but I wasn't buying it. They just didn't want to have anything to do with her. Period. I saw where this was going and I had no intention of having her permanently inflicted on me because I was a single woman. They thought single women were going to be put on the spot and function as a taxi service...I made sure I put a stop to this plan.

The same bullshit always repeats itself in the religion.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

"I guess in JW-dom if that is proof of sex happening I am in a world (see what I did there?)"

No. What DID you do there?

• jp1692
    jp1692

Da-yum, I read the thread title and thought you wanted to hook up!

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

I'm 42. Because of my unusual weekly schedule, I used to go in Field Service at different times and nobody said anything about me often working with a widower pioneer brother in his 70s. Many in the org assume that attraction can't develop once one of the people passes a certain age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit