World Wide Work Resolution Doubled Overnight

by JW_Rogue 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Fine with me. Double nothing is nothing, and that is what they deserve.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Exploiting a troubling health situation to create money is what con men, snake oil salesmen do, they pose themselves as helpers when in reality they are after the money.

The slight of hand the WTS pulls onto people is that they dont openly and honestly expose the millions they have tucked away in bank accounts.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

With the end of the world imminent and Fear at an all time high, why not! Cheap insurance!

I did the same in the early 70's, gave a large percentage of my net worth.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

The fact is the WTS exploited fear and ignorance to create the billion dollar world wide organization of what it is today

• Overrated
    Overrated

There is a sucker born every minute. That was me when I was in. Now they can pound sand far as I can care. The buck stops here.

• Listener
    Listener

With the witnessing work it is voluntary and each individual can decide how many hours they put in each month. This is the same with giving money. Why is it that they need to have a resolution for how much the congregation will donate in dollars but not in witnessing hours? The witnessing work is supposed to be more important.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PISTOLPETE:

So, some genius told an out-of-work JW who needs to watch every dollar..to use their credit card???

When you said the elders approached the family with the ‘dire’ situation and asked if they could contribute a little more..I wonder what the criteria was that they were approached? 🙄 I’m sure anybody who looks halfway decent/responsible is going to be hit up for money like they were an ATM machine.

I’m not surprised a scenario like this is happening..I predicted long ago that the religion was going to have problems in the future when the shit hit the fan about all the JWs who never wanted to be in the workforce - and who knocked ME for working full time..They thought they were going to knock on doors daydreaming without any preparation for the future!

Even if Covid had not happened and the economy ruined, some other scenario would have happened with very specific people in congregations being targeted to give money for every damn reason under the sun!

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    LongHairGal

When you said the elders approached the family with the ‘dire’ situation and asked if they could contribute a little more..I wonder what the criteria was that they were approached?
    Hi LHG
    I think the criteria in this case is that my relative is one of those persons that wants to do the right thing;
    "In the eyes of Jehovah"
    In other words, they are using his Belief in God and his sincerity on doing the right thing----against him, to guilt him into donating.
    I asked him if he thought it would be fair to me to use his credit card to donate considering that I am helping the family financially to pay the rent and buy groceries.
    He agreed it would not be fair to take my money because he was in need and then use his credit card to donate to the kingdom hall which had been closed since March.

So he called one of the elders and explained to him that it wouldn't be fair considering that I was paying their rent and buying them groceries.
    He said they told him;
    "Well, that's between you and Jehovah. We all have to answer to him if we support or don't support "His" organization.
    He told them; ----"I understand"

• LV101
    LV101

Pistol - Oh my - I can't believe what they told your family member. They make Jehovah out to be like a loan-shark collector for the mafia. If I believed in the supernatural I'd certainly hope he was a loving, caring, helping, god. He should tell them he cut all his credit cards up and until he's financially stable (in about 25 yrs.) he's unable to contribute to the worldwide thugs.

LongHair - lolol 'knocking on doors daydreaming' great line for a country western song! Most would much prefer to waste time in the field work socializing/begging from others to carry them vs. the responsibility of work.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

Yeah, you got that right about them preferring to ‘waste time in the field work socializing/begging from others to carry them vs. the responsibility of work”.

I did notice though that some older pioneers who worked with some of these types had ‘worldly’ husbands who let them do their ‘thing’ in the JW religion.. Yes, some man worked 40 years so some dopey woman could knock on doors..What was immoral in my eyes was if those older affluent ladies discouraged young impoverished pioneers (who had no business being on the pioneer list) from looking out for their financial future! I would have felt obliged to warn them!

In fact, ALL the older people back then were collecting THEIR pensions..All these older ladies went to their graves after living a cushy life.

The poverty being pushed by the religion was certainly NOT for any of these older ladies. Hell no! The poverty was for some young gullible person who would be at retirement age today..If they didn’t wake up at some point years ago - then they are suffering today. Thankfully I never fell for this nonsense but I am angered that I witnessed this happening!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit