World Wide Work Resolution Doubled Overnight

by JW_Rogue 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

During COVID-19 crisis our hall decides to double the amount sent to HQ from our local account. The resolution is unanimously supported, no questions asked. Has anyone else had this happen?

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I'm sure it will!!!!

You guy's aren't hurting enough, send more!!

• LV101
    LV101

JWs swimming in moolah these days?! WOW - I'm shocked but after all the cult is sending out care packages of vegetables. Unreal.

• waton
    waton

It is hard work to get the zombie vote on zoom.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

What did c t Russell say about begging for money , and god's holy spirit ?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

It includes the insurances that were separate so that should be it. We were told what the resolution was but they forgot to take a vote. I think ours tripled.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

My wife's congregation just gave a $7k lump sum to the Branch. They were doing so well with donations and keeping under budget that they had saved enough for 6 months of expenses rather than the recommended 3 months. Ergo, ZOINK, Watchtower just snatches it from under them and nobody makes a peep.

Let's review.

If an individual JW has extra funds, SHAME ON HIM! He's not depending on Jehovah.

If a congregation has extra funds, SHAME ON THEM! They're hoarding and need to share.

If the Watch Tower Society has an abundance of funds because they shamed everyone else's money into their own pockets, PRAISE JAH! Our Heavenly Father has certainly blessed our efforts!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The resolution was not unanimous in my area.

I sent an email to the secretary specifically stating NOT IN FAVOR. Good Lord, you would have thought that it was the end of the world judging by the s--t that hit the fan. I was only too willing to state the reasons why I was not in favor of increasing the financial load on now unemployed R&F thanks to COVID-19. No new building, no remodels, no CO's traveling. Oh, but the CO's still have expenses said the elder. I replied with a WT quote that the FIRST responsibility for financial help was family, then gubmint programs, then finally the congregation IF the other resources had been tried and exhausted. Greedy bas---ds!

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

The WTS has millions stacked away but the gullible, naive JWS adherents are quite ignorant of that fact.

• Magnum
    Magnum

If local congregations and individual JWs are willing to donate more than they did before the virus hit (or probably even just the same amount), then JWism will become an e-religion. I think the org is monitoring the situation closely to see what's going to happen to its income stream. If donations don't drop off, then it can sell off all Kingdom Halls and claim the scene of the world is changing, we're near the end, etc.

I bet JWs would be willing to donate more to keep the situation as it is now - not physically going to meetings, no door-to-door, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit