What’s So Good About Not Being A Jehovah’s Witness At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    • I am about a year away from the black belt in Karate
    • I now cherish our family reunion on new years day.
    • I have more time with my family and kids.
    • I am a better person with people around me and listen more when people talk.
    • Instead of biblical dramas, talks and bible readings, I listen to books from Audible and have listened to at lease 20 of them. In the process, I have gained knowledge on history, science, psychology and sociology
    • I enjoy cigars
  • minimus
    minimus

You can read and entertain yourself in whatever way you decide. You don’t have to check with the elders before you choose to make a decision.

I remember being asked if Pokémon was ok. At the time I never heard of it . The husband thought it might be inappropriate. They had to get permission by me as their elder to allow their grandchild to play a game. I told them it was ok as long as it was played in moderation. 😆

• jp1692
    jp1692

The only thing—and I mean THE ONLY THING—that isn’t drastically better since leaving the cult is the lack of a relationship with my two adult, still-in children.

Like their mother, my ex-wife, they chose the religion over me and us.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• minimus
    minimus

The kids and ex will hope that you see the error of your ways. Meanwhile they will be “ encouraged “ to remain loyal to Jehovah and his Organization.

• blondie
    blondie

Might be shorter list if the question was:

What was so good about being a jw?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

blondie, the only good thing about my time as a JW was meeting my husband at a kingdom hall build, and it was next to slim to none that we actually met. The only reason we met was it was my last day there and I was getting ready to head home, but I was missing some tools that I had brought. I walked up to an elder from that congregation and asked him if he had any ideas where it was at. There was a young brother also talking to him, I never met this person, because he was from a different state. The elder suggests where I might find my tools, and it was where he mentioned. On my way to my car, the young brother caught up with me and started a conversation. Let's just say we been married 26 years this coming September. To make things a little more interesting, we met in the town that also has the same name as my birthstone. lol

• blondie
    blondie

Yay, Tameria2001. Evidently he knew a diamond when he saw one.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Not having to hear all the silly stuff they believe in. Also, not having to hear the verbage they use, brother, sista, da new world, new light, etc.

• blondie
    blondie

Quirky 1, I was a union officer for awhile, and I could not stomach how they called each other brother and sister, it reminded me of my jw days. Strangely enough, it meant as much in their organization as it did at the KH.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit