What’s So Good About Not Being A Jehovah’s Witness At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me it’s FREEDOM! You are not bound by an Organization’s man made rules and whims. You don’t have to account to mere men for approval. You can use your brain and decide to talk to anyone that you want to. You don’t have to constantly make judgments on people.

There are many more reasons to be enjoying the real life that we have now.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Not wasting my life on mindless, boring drudgery. Finding out what it's like to have a weekend. Not being around corny, self-righteous JWs. Not having to give a damn about what a CO thinks about me. Not worrying about meeting parts. Having the freedom to be open about beliefs/questions/doubts.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and the not-so-good?

being shunned by my daughter and youngest son. so thats several grandchildren ive never met. dont even know some of their names.

but on the positive side thats a small fortune i save at christmas.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What’s So Good About Not Being A Jehovah’s Witness - lots of things.

The main thing is freedom of information and, following that, freedom to draw my own conclusions and think and say pretty much whatever I like. People don't have to agree with me or like what I say and that's fine, too.

Other things: sexual freedom, freedom to choose my career.

TIME is a great thing, too. I'm not wasting my time (3 meetings a week plus field service) on the cult.

There are probably more things but I can't think of them right now.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An unrestrained accumulation of knowledge, knowledge that was denied, demeaned replaced place by lies and forced ignorance presented as something virtuous and advantageous.

These set about lies and corruption propagated by the Watchtower Corporation actually killed people and destroyed many personal relationships within families.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Not spending my time with hypocritical, judgmental and self righteous people, who claim to be loving. With "friends" like these, who need's enemies?

• newsheep
    newsheep

No more guilt and fear from imperfect men. Able to love all my animals whether domestic or in the wild. Able to read what ever I want since I'm the one that pays my internet and cable bills. The big one is being able to have my own free will and not constantly be told no no no your not allowed. How can god judge someone if their freewill has been taken away from them? To be able to make decisions for myself and not have to answer to a group of imperfect idiots who have major drinking problems (I for sure don't) and be able to help anyone in need and not just jw's who are trained to be bums and help only those of their same religion. To not be a burden on the welfare system while some are collecting it while out door to door getting paid. Minimus you touched a nerve with this question for sure but hope lurkers are reading this.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

1. Being able to rollover on Saturday morning scratch my buttocks and keep on sleeping.

2. Being able to freely express myself on anything and everything going on in the world including any religion I may be a part of without having to pick my words carefully.

3. Not having to worry when the next meeting is and if I prepared for it and if I have any assignments (usher, mics, sound, stage, school, etc.)

4. Not having to walk on eggshells when the CO visits and giving a da** about him

5. Not having to take off from work to attend the district assemblies (regional or seasonal whatever they're called now) instead of taking a nice vacation somewhere else

6. Telling others how I really feel about some elders and not worry about retribution

7. Celebrating any holiday I deem acceptable to God not some fruitcakes in HQ

8. Many more just can't think of them right now. But I second everything already written by others.

• waton
    waton

Very good expressions from all of you.

for me, in addition, is the settled feeling that I do not have to be a passenger on that Titanic. I am fine where I am, and there are now better ways of getting to where I am going.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

So many things are good about not being a witness, what stands out the most to me is, having a free mind to question anything, learn about anything, do whatever I want with absolutely no guilt, no more mind numbing meeting etc. Knowing that there is no old man in the sky observing what I do and think, no anxiety about persecution, armagged on etc. Life is good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit