NEWS 5 INVESTIGATES: Sex offender going door-to-door

by OrphanCrow 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Funchback
    Funchback

I have gone door to door alone.

They are always making stuff up on the fly and they act like they have the answer to everything. And, when you corner them about something they can't find the answer for, they pull the "we must wait on Jehovah" card.

I really can't stand them anymore.

• freddo
    freddo

Excuse my ignorance but how wide would the audience be for that programme? Is it local or what? From my UK point of view it seemed very professional and not afraid to get stuck in.

As mentioned by previous posters - you can go door to door alone but it it is true that a "known child molester" would always be accompanied. But only if the elders knew about it and if the Branch office instructed them to do so.

And only if the "known child molester" cooperated fully.

• Funchback
    Funchback
    • But only if the elders knew about it and if the Branch office instructed them to do so.

And only if the "known child molester" cooperated fully.

Them there be a lot of ifs.

• Wayward
    Wayward

Whoa, wait a minute. Did I read this right? This creepy POS was sentenced to ten years in prison for raping his stepdaughter but only served one? ONE?! That's the first travesty in this sorry story. One year is not enough for harming a child. A lifetime wouldn't be enough. The second travesty is that Ivery is going door to door and being allowed to come in contact with both JW and non JW kids.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    "It's our policy we go to doors in twos."

• Listener
    Listener

It's surprising to see Ivery agree to an interview. They approached him at his home and he refused an interview but two days later, agreed to one. Did the Watchtower suggest he do this?

It is Ivery who says it is Watchtowers policy to go door to door in two's, maybe he was referring to a policy that applies to pedos.

He says he will no longer be going door to door, again, whether this was his choice or not, he doesn't say but he does say that some criminals are under more JW restrictions than him. As he's not an Elder, that would not be common knowledge.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Devil's advocate here... What if he did it, went to jail for 10 years, and repented? What if there were absolutely ZERO chance that he would harm another child? What should the WTBTS do?

If it was up to me as the GB, to save face and give the impression that I cared about religious freedom, I would restrict him to Cart Witnessing, with Elders who had passed background checks/working with children checks. Even this would have to be judged on a case by case basis.

When a story like this surfaces, they can say, "Hey, our predecessors dropped the ball, but we have picked up the slack and made reforms."

That will probably never happen, because they are deluded religitards, but you never know... Oh man, judging on a case by case basis may require Elders that are actually trained as counselors.... The WTBTS is F*****!!!

DD

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Listener: He says he will no longer be going door to door, again, whether this was his choice or not, he doesn't say but he does say that some criminals are under more JW restrictions than him

DD: If it was up to me as the GB, to save face and give the impression that I cared about religious freedom, I would restrict him to Cart Witnessing...

And there ya go...the real reason for cart witnessing. The JWs have been trolling the prison system for years, converting criminals, baptizing them and taking them under their wing and the WT has foreseen the problems this will cause. Or probably have already been dealing with it for years

Not to mention the 'new' criminals that get churned out of their WT machine...no wonder some of those carts get a lot of use

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm sure Mr. Ivory granted an interview just to get the media off the elders backs. I'm sure, being a JW may have had a positive effect on his circumstances just as it would have if he belonged to any group that had a strict set of guidelines to follow.

I know he committed a terrible crime and the damage to the child can't be undone but still....part of me feels badly for Mr. Ivory especially since he's taking the heat all alone while the elders and the Governing body hide in comfortable homes and at world headquarters. Mr. Ivory seemed like the type who would comply with what the elders advised him to do. I want those who told him it was ok to go from door to door, to do the talking on camera or at least be there for him. As usual, the lowly Publisher gets thrown under the bus.

One thing that didn't work in Mr. Ivory's favor was his initial denial of the offense and his initial denial to grant an interview. However I can only imagine what I would do if I had someone suddenly stick a camera in my face and demand answers from me regarding a deeply shameful part of my life such as Mr. Ivory is carrying around. I'm always glad when the JW organization gets it's comeuppance in the media but somehow these local reporters always come off as sleaze bags, in my opinion, when the do this ambush style reporting.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Those urges he said, were brought on by post traumatic stress disorder after serving tours in Vietnam and Desert Storm while serving in the Special Forces.

What if he did it, went to jail for 10 years, and repented? What if there were absolutely ZERO chance that he would harm another child?

The first one of those quotes is from a lying liar who lies, and the second is from a misinformed but probably sincere person.

I treated pedos a few times. They cannot get better. It is incurable. They have no conscience. Somebody show me a body of valid evidence of cures for sociopaths, and then we'll talk.

Until then, feast your eyes on the rationalization this dude makes. He picks something others are sympathetic about (vets) and blames it on that. NOPE.

I am going to go now and see if I can confirm he's an actual vet. Even if he is, NOPE, that does not cause a person to be sexually attracted to children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit