Why do people just give their money to the Watchtower?

by WireRider 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I still donate.....invisibility.

I figure the invisible god on his invisible throne with his invisible King and invisible army of invisible angels can better manage invisible money. I'm doing him a favor!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Why give invisible people money!!! Invisible people who reign invisibly don't need money.
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    Because they want to and they can.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Buying their way into god's favour......
  • talesin
    talesin

Your "Why" sounds like rhetorical, frustrated venting And I'm sure it's justified. You have your own reasons.

I know that 'those people' ruined my health by childhood abuse, denied me an education, and kicked me out on the street at a young age. I also know that the small treasures of my grandmere, left me in her will, were taken from me. Inheritance gone with the wind.

So, health destroyed, no education, did okay in spite of that, but yeah, there *was* a time when I felt so hurt (it's not about greed, it's about the unjust-ness of it all), that I, too, yelled "WHY?"

Let it out, it's okay.

xx

tal

• WireRider
    WireRider

It is a little venting. What does the WT do for the world? I hear snake oil salesmen with a printing company and now a real estate company. What have they done to deserve people just giving them money, time, effort, and praise?

I wish everyone would know not only the motives but the real use of their money.

• talesin
    talesin

They do NOTHING.

Just for the hell of it, I looked up Billy Graham.org, to see what that extremely wealthy and powerful 'ministry' does to help the suffering. Guess what? Nothing. He has ministries, and chaplains.

So the JWS aren't the only ones!

Religion is a snare and a racket. Hmm, I wonder who said that? Oh yeah, that old drunken swine, Rutherford.

tal

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Fear, guilt and obligation.
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

i believe the people who give are guilted sub conciously into giving money.

when i was the accounts person...i saw people giving money that i knew full well could not afford it,

if they only knew, they would ask for every red cent they donated back.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

For years I have heard from my wife that we never shall give any contribution to “wordly” organizations such as the Red Cross, doctors without borders, save the children, UNHCR a.s.f. The contribution we could have chipped in with, would only disappear in “administrative costs” such as salaries, air tickets, luxury hotels and bribes to the local politicians.

I do agree with lots of what she thinks, but the other day I looked up some of these organizations accounting statement. And I was astonished over how well they showed and specified were their money had been spent. Every project, every school, every water project, every disease fight, every child home, was impeccably specified. And the administrative cost was often lower then 20%. I guess that the WT estate business is more lucrative to the brothers. But I have not been able to se any accounting from the Watchtower and Zions Aid organization..

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit