Why do people just give their money to the Watchtower?

by WireRider 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WireRider
    WireRider

Why?

What do they do it?

What do they contribute to humanity? What do they contribute to any part of society?

Why are people paying for a scam?

For a 150 years people just give their money to the Watchtower. Why?

Who are these stupid stupid people that just give their money to the Watchtower that brainwashes and enslaves people?

• talesin
    talesin

:sunglasses:

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Who are these stupid stupid people that just give their money to the Watchtower that brainwashes and enslaves people?

They do it because they are brainwashed and enslaved. I was one of them

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

WireRider:- " Why do people just give their money to the Watchtower?"

The REBEL:- I will first provide a positive responce to the question. In the Uk:-

A) Giving in general is declining in congregations.

B) The average annual amount of money per publisher is declining.

C) I would also assume that with the decrease in distribution and size of the magazines, the money received from the door to door activity is decreasing.

Now the negative responce:-

What angers me is all the property the society inherits rather than family homes being a family inheritance.

The Rebel.

• flipper
    flipper

For the same reason human beings have always surrendered their well being to religion.

Life takes a lot of critical thinking to cope with effectively. That's too much work for some, much less coping with death, loss, poverty, pain, depression, ill health, etc.

The religions promise escape from all that - all you have to do is sacrifice THIS life.

A born again friend told me "this is just practice for the real life in heaven with the father." She also said the Bush administrations were good honest men because they were Christian.

They really do give their minds up to be controlled. The JWs throw their families under the bus by shunning, and helping cover up child abuse for the selfish desire to cheat death.

For the same reason they fork over the money - to buy their way to "paradise"

I just don't know how they can really believe the bullshit.

Mrs. Flipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why do people just give their money to the Watchtower?

................Image result for buying the blessing of god

From WatchTower Online Library

CHAPTER 18

How Kingdom Activities Are Financed

FOCUS OF CHAPTER

Why and how Jehovah’s people support Kingdom work financially

WAYS TO DONATE
    • CONTRIBUTION BOXES

• DIRECT DONATIONS

(made by cash, check, or electronically, such as through jw.org)

• ESTATES/NONCASH DONATIONS

• TRUSTS AND ANNUITIES

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Who are these stupid stupid people that just give their money to the Watchtower

They are my Mother, aunt, brother and sisters you insensitive moron.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Oh, and your use of the word 'just' in the topic title betrays the level of your ignorance - again.

What are you doing in this community Wirerider?

• prologos
    prologos
    1) fear of being seen as a goat, not helping the "brothers of the reigning king" , 2) punishing the kids that gave them all that trouble Our's is not to reason why, - just to serve, donate and die.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

WIRERIDER - A more appropriate question would have been, "Why do people give their money to religions?"

J.W.'s are not the only people being fleeced by their religious leaders. Take a look at the L.D.S. and Scientology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit