Infighting at the top?

by JeffT 37 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The WT is ran by a group of biz idiots. Whose experience is to go out and give stupid bible talks about stupid myths...

The WT is a real biz that needs to be ran by biz Capable people... What you are seeing is the result of a bunch of clowns trying to run a real biz.

The people really running the biz are the heads of the other departments who in turn where also window-washers-turned misnisters-turned -workers -turned --managers

• lumberjack
    lumberjack
    I don't care so much who's running what, as long as I get all that service or provisions I am getting.
  • sir82
    sir82

The people really running the biz are the heads of the other departments who in turn where also window-washers-turned ministers-turned -workers -turned --managers

Hey, but they are "spiritually qualified"! LOL

• Listener
    Listener

There are clues as to what is happening. One of them is the new kingdom hall design. They are now generic commercial buildings. What real christian would vote for this sort of design? Who would put money over spirituality? Yet this is what they have done. The GB didn't come up with this design and the GB didn't push for this design. They were influenced by others.

The GB have allowed this to happen and they also themselves to be used in other ways. No doubt they believe that it is for the good of the organisation.

Someone or some division of the group have convinced them that its okay to be tele evangeliasts. They are like puppets, joyfully cry out for money. They relate the most absurd examples of people giving money and are prepared to go as low as trying to manipulate children for their own purposes.

Geoffrey Jackson said at the RC that he wasn't sure about a particular policy because it was not his 'field'. There doesn't appear to be any real leadership stemming forth from the GB.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I agree Listener that something's afoot. Rank commercial strategies have replaced the older more dignified type of authoritarianism they once wielded. Are they just desperate for enormous wealth or do darker forces gnaw at the heart of the GB? Could it be a schism because of in-fighting as the OP suggests or could it be a realization infecting the body that what they teach is not supportable by Bible text?

One Eyed Joe, thanks for that info, it shows that the GB authorized this talk as a committee decision, which to my mind means they are all conscious of its content and its intended purpose which is shamelessly to keep the flock loyal. 1914 is important, it has become the test, the touchstone teaching; if you don't believe this you are not a believer at all...you are not with the GB.

How though can anyone really believe the statement “more evidence (for 1914) than for gravity”? The very broadcasting of this at assemblies only highlights its implausibility.The GB must listen to their own cant and be aware of how hollow reasoning like this actually sounds.

I see this as a symptom of the 21st century dilemma the GB has inherited: trying to keep the Watchtower cash-cow alive when it is intellectually bankrupt and clearly not divinely guided.

Apart from resigning from the body, the only alternative for an individual GB member who is awake would be to keep going and put up a pretense of believing. To remain within the GB you would need to be simply the finest of actors but I think with the cognitive discord buzzing away in the head his mind would finally snap and demand cessation or culminate with a total mental and physical breakdown.

(I'm saying this for the benefit of any GB members reading here!)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Half banana - "... I think with the cognitive discord buzzing away in the head his mind would finally snap and demand cessation or culminate with a total mental and physical breakdown."

I've come to suspect that authoritarian leaders don't actually experience cognitive dissonance.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Of course there is 'in fighting' on the gb. After all they are 7 different guys trying to run a business organization without any business training. They are 7 men trying to assert their own opinions/ideas as "troof". These guys are speaking out of their a** where their head seems to be most of the time. Did you ever wonder how jehobers holy spirit could be guiding them if they didn't agree 100% of the time on 100% of the issues. lol

"A house divided cannot stand" lets hope that at least that little morsel in the bible is true.

just sayhing!

eyeuse2badub

• Half banana
    Half banana

You make a valid point Vidiot but the likely-hood is that one or two have arrived at the point of cognitive dissonance and are having to deal with it. If most of the seven have arrived at that 'moment of realization', i.e.that the focal JW teaching on 1914 is false, I reckon statistically two or three should now show signs of cracking.

However the JW delusion runs so deep and keeping only the company of like minded zombies; mitigates against admitting such a heresy to oneself or straying from the prescribed path under any circumstances so that CD is less likely.

Nevertheless some of them must surely be waking up!? which makes Eyeuse2beadub's quotation relevant; they and the whole org won't last long with such serious divisions...

Again... would any of the governing body care to reply and let us know how they are getting on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit