Infighting at the top?

by JeffT 37 Replies latest jw friends

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    Makes sense since only the top 7 JW's are allowed to disagree about anything. Any other Witness tries that shenanigans and they're shunned for life!
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

only the top 7 JW's are allowed to disagree about anything.

Is that how you think? I do not think that the "disagreement" comes from the GB among themselves. There are other powerful and solid old time non anointed players and other not so old but very solid (spiritual ) players. Do you really think that the GB are the only minds running the show? Voicing disagreement is allowed (disagreement) and disagreement is also seen by attitude. What is not allowed is disobedience and opposition. The GB comes to an agreement and implement direction but there are other players and everyone should be pulling in the same direction and when they don't it's because of disagreement. It is not about the GB out of the clear blue sky dictating direction, there is more.

• freddo
    freddo

Fisherman is right. There is more. Mainly the "spiritual" legal team and the "spiritual" accountancy and investment team who exert a lot of influence upon the Governing Body.

I don't know but I believe what we are seeing is a panic reaction to several converging forces coming against the Governing Body's intended course. (GBTV - PropertyGB and ObeyusGB)

The "A"'s that are causing this problem for the GB:-

Abuse; advancing Apathy; awaiting Armageddon; = accounts anguish against angry Assholes.

• Simple Minds
    Simple Minds
    Lets hope they all kill one-another
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Fisherman stated a profound truth -

"Changing the music and the meetings also changes the experience of worship one felt and related to."

Millions of longer-term J.W.'s cannot rationalize in their minds the dramatic Corporation changes, or totally believe that they should "listen obey, & be blessed" by a bunch of self-publicising & sanctimonious religious hierarchy who are preparing to move out to their idyllic new country residence.

The 21st century "Society" is alien - and is alienating - very many previously loyal sheep. Carry on G.B.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Jefft- you may very well be right. I would love to be a fly on the wall at those GB meetings. Perhaps some bethelites can leak some info/proof that this could very well be the case.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I think the money talk and grabbing may be about controlling the assets, rather than some actual shortage of funds. It's possible that the money is ending up in different parts of the organization, under the control of different individuals.

I really think the money shortage actually exist the reason being that these CEOs/GB are really uneducated and have been making bad business decisions for decades especially from the time they switched in the 1980s to a complete donation basis for their main product printed material. Being that they are delusional CEOs they have been slow in making the need changes to their corporation to make it profitable, but due to the lack of transparency we have no idea about how long they have been operating in the red or in negative cash flow which has been slowly eating away at the surplus from the heady years of profit and expansion.

Also since they are in deep denial over any negative facts and steeped in wishful thinking I'm sure they have brought themselves to the nightmarish stage of wishful thinking in which everything goes to hell in a wicker basket.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    R

A brother who is also a very successful businessman had some contacts and insight at bethel, 3 years ago he told me the inefficiencies were astonishing from a business point of view at NY bethel, with different departments not communicating properly Because of politics and egos, resulting in great waste. He was also the one to open my eyes to the fact that their "volunteer" bethel force was actually a great deal more costly to keep than normal employees are, hence the trend towards 'commuter' bethelites. If it has carried on in that vein, along with lawsuits pending in us and oz, decreased donations because of the general decline in publishing (the main motivation to donate was when you got some shiny new publication), then I think it is entirely feasible that they are in a mess financially.

I think the silver sword publication was an attempt to boost donations which it did according to the uk published figures, but it didn't go far enough. What next???

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    When you have elevated egos and lots of cash involved, this is what you get, animosity.
  • Haupi33
    Haupi33

What if there's a group (some lawyers - worldly investors?) who are really running this Watchtower game and the governing body are bumping heads with them? I can't imagine any of the existing GB members okaying that "Happy" video or okaying that new Calypso Kingdom Song - let alone that Buckhead Theatre production for their 2014 Convention delegates featuring songs from the Supremes, The 4 Tops, the Drifters and Elvis. And who would buy a property in upstate New York without checking first if it had toxic waste on it?

It's crazy. I wonder what's really going on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit