rama singh WHAT HE REALLY SAID, so you men can stop lying

by atheist_R_stupid 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• millie210
    millie210

Thank you LisaRose for such a well thought out post.

You seem to have an intuitive  grasp for how to talk to people so that they can "hear" you.

I too, have thought about leaving this forum because of the abrupt,churlish sound of some posts but I am already "leaving" one place (the Org) and dont want to just keep leaving things. I want to start adding things instead. So I stay and just find myself wincing inside at certain posts.

I dont see that atheism and patience need to be opposites of one another and thank you for demonstrating that both sides can be presented.

You have a new fan and I eagerly look forward to reading your future posts now that I have seen that you are a person of insight.

Thank you so much again for the kindness in your words. 

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    @johnny drake here is also proof and historical record of how evolution developed. 

THAT is a lie.

So from that point whatever you stated is retarded. its as much a LIE as gays people saying "science has proven people are born gay"

ALL YOU HAVE BACKING YOU WILL BE PEOPLE WITH A DOG IN THE RACE...LOOKING TO TAKE A SIDE, not talk science....

I could cite innumerous sources to prove evolution to you, but since you're unlikely to look at any of them I'll give just one. This video started my own investigation into the proof of evolution. Unfortunately ARS, you're incorrect. Not only is evolution a proven fact, but a vast amount of Christians believe it as well. Any educated individual is going to pity a person who refused to accept evolution at this point. You will never convince anyone, anywhere, it's untrue.

http://www.openculture.com/2014/03/neil-degrasse-tyson-tells-fox-viewers-evolution-is-a-scientific-fact-on-cosmos.html

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

Kate, ignore this Tosser!  I hope the atheists on JWN realize we are all not like this person who is not a believer! From his writings it looks like he's a atheist attacking believers, I could be wrong after years of my Watchtower Education.  

KateWild
    Well what a wonderful thread. I feel embarrassed to have a belief in God when I see such OP's. I think when you leave WT it's very difficult to maintain a belief in God, but those who post that they do seem to jump into some kind of unbalanced evangelical mode that simply put, is silly.
    Come on there must be some believers like me, who haven't gone full swing into this mode. Please post if you have been posting here for a while and still retained a belief but accept that atheists have their opinions too that we can respect.
    I am sick of posters like this giving believers a bad name.
    Kate xx"
  • Isle of Lewis
    Isle of Lewis
    I am sick of posters like this giving believers a bad name.

To be honest, I have begun avoiding anyone who is religious or claims to be spiritual. 

I realize ARSe is mentally ill (manic phase of bi-polar most likely) and he is the minority, but almost all the religious people I have known eventually became aggressive and try to force me to follow them.

I don't have spiritual conversations with anyone. I respectfully excuse myself when someone starts preaching. I never tell anyone my religious or non-religious views (except on this forum).  

However, in the past month, an old lady at the grocery store grabbed my hand and started yelling that her church was the "one true religion", my neighbors are claiming that god speaks to them and that all Catholics should be killed, a friend from childhood (we have been friends 30 years) joined a new church and become very hateful to anyone not a member (he wont talk to me anymore), and an insurance rep was wanting me to join a fantasy football league, which sounded like fun, but then he started calling everyday preaching Mormonism and getting louder and more controlling for no apparent reason. This was just random people in the past month, not to mention the typical religious shunning from my JW family and friends.

I never told any of these people that I'm an atheist, never made a single religious comment. I just wanted to talk about football, frozen dinners, or the weather, but it never works out that way.

I would love to have a conversation about normal everyday things with a believer. But once they start talking about religion, and they always do, it becomes an aggressive demand for my submission to their beliefs. 

I'm not attacking anyone just pointing out my recent experiences with spiritual people and why some may avoid the religious. While it may seem the minority of spiritual people are aggressive, it really isn't.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Thank you LisaRose for such a well thought out post.
    You seem to have an intuitive  grasp for how to talk to people so that they can "hear" you.
    I too, have thought about leaving this forum because of the abrupt,churlish sound of some posts but I am already "leaving" one place (the Org) and dont want to just keep leaving things. I want to start adding things instead. So I stay and just find myself wincing inside at certain posts.
    I dont see that atheism and patience need to be opposites of one another and thank you for demonstrating that both sides can be presented.
    You have a new fan and I eagerly look forward to reading your future posts now that I have seen that you are a person of insight.
    Thank you so much again for the kindness in your words. 

Wow, thanks for your kind comments. Don't let the atheists/believer debates keep you away from JWN. As heated as they seem sometimes, it's really mostly good  people who just enjoy a good debate, and have little patience for fools. They could be a bit more tactful, but then some of the believers can be obnoxious too. I have learned a lot from those debates, so I do think it serves a purpose.  Take it with a grain of salt, or stay away from those threads if it bothers you, but don't leave, I think JWN is stronger if we have a variety of viewpoints. We all have a story to tell.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit