rama singh WHAT HE REALLY SAID, so you men can stop lying

by atheist_R_stupid 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Listen, I concede i too fail to see how this is a misquote of the man; however it doesn't change the fallacy of presentation in this magazine. 

Evolution is absolutely not about the origin of life, it's about the development of it after its origination. They are presenting evolution as if it's the discussion of life's befinning, or its start, and they are incredibly incorrect. 

The bible itself says that "every house has a builder" and "he that built all things is God." How could a person compare building a house to creation of creation was just, "poof, there it is!" When you build a house, do you just snap your fingers and make it appear? No.

evolution is accepted by a great many Christians as gods method of building. And it makes life a lot more beautiful to imagine God as an artist painting an elaborate picture as oppose to taking a can of paint and throwing it at the canvass.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Even the Bible says "there is no God" (2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Psalms, Isaiah, 1 Corinthians). Awake!, The Watchtower, and other publications also state that in many instances.

No need to check the context. That seems very clear.

• Honesty
    Honesty

A R Stupid, 

Has the Watchtower Society ever misquoted anyone, plagiarized copyrighted photos from other sources or lied to their followers?

Think real hard before you answer and prove that you really are the fool most readers believe you are.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/misquotes-deception-lies.php

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Where to begin ...

OK, I'll start here:

First of all, what's with the "R"? Is this like Toys-R-Us?

Atheists-R-Stupid. What, are you opening a store? Silly.

Next, it should either be, "atheists ARE stupid" or "an atheist IS stupid." We're talking basic SUBJECT-VERB agreement here. Grammar 101.

That being said, showing up on a forum of ex- and wish-they-were-ex-Jehovah's Witnesses and insulting atheists is not good form. In and of itself, I would posit that your choice of a JWN username is prima facie evidence of a cognitive deficit on your part. At the very least it shows poor social skills.

Finally, apparently you didn't take a minute and take the temperature of the room before you entered.

There are many here among us that are NOT atheists.

Get the clue.

• prologos
    prologos

aRs you said "---because you men  are--"   we are glad/or curious why

you excluded the many formidable ladies on this site.?  

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"The bible itself says that "every house has a builder" and "he that built all things is God." How could a person compare building a house to creation of creation was just, "poof, there it is!" When you build a house, do you just snap your fingers and make it appear? No."

Jonathan Drake:

Using the bible as authority to support an idea the bible presents is circular reasoning.

Also, is comparing a house to biological life forms good logic?

A better comparison might be to say look at this beautiful cave, certainly a man designed this.

There is proof and historical record of the building of a house; none such when it comes to 'creation' of life.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Well what a wonderful thread. I feel embarrassed to have a belief in God when I see such OP's. I think when you leave WT it's very difficult to maintain a belief in God, but those who post that they do seem to jump into some kind of unbalanced evangelical mode that simply put, is silly.

Come on there must be some believers like me, who haven't gone full swing into this mode. Please post if you have been posting here for a while and still retained a belief but accept that atheists have their opinions too that we can respect.

I am sick of posters like this giving believers a bad name.

Kate xx

• mrquik
    mrquik
    What makes our community strong is the diversity of beliefs. All of us here believe in things that others disagree with. An old friend once told me " we can disagree without being disagreeable." Or we can shun each other. Wait...I think I left an organization just like that.........
  • prologos
    prologos

KATE, the low lying deists are with you. the silent majority perhaps. 

Like the possibly possible satisfied creator, they have little more to say, because all has been said.

Do not be WILD about the methods used to build, create, evolve (develop) .

• millie210
    millie210

I am actually still a believer who would like not to believe. I want to be convinced there is no God.

Unfortunately, there are very few atheists that are willing to "talk" rather than "preach".

Its like JWism in reverse - they are still a preachin they just switched sides.

I dont mind "R"  the crazy poster, I can see him comin a mile away. Simon is right, let him demonstrate clearly who/what he is.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit