Science News article: ‘Case closed’: 99.9% of scientists agree climate emergency caused by humans

by Disillusioned JW 146 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    What does a net zero Carbon world look like?

A massively lower population.

It's like Hitler, but dialled up to 11 ... heck, 111.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

This ties in with the other post about 1975:

U.S. Secretary of State Dean Acheson said in 1960: "I know enough of what is going on to assure you that, in 15 years from today [or, by 1975], this world is going to be too dangerous to live in."

You just have to read the Watchtower to know how many statesmen and scientists, typically from the left-wing persuasion, have predicted the end of the earth to come 'soon', only so, like Acheson they can then implement their extremist policy.

Acheson famously created the World Bank, was after years of praise blamed by the left-wing media to have been at the cradle of the loss of both East Germany and China to communism and advised the Presidents (Truman and JFK) into disastrous foreign policy that eventually lead to the losses in Korea and Vietnam and allowed China to put Taiwan into the place it is now.

The Watchtower is only copying a page from their books, as is the woke left generation of today. Make a vague disaster, spout it through media outlets to collect massive funds, when it goes wrong, find a scape goat and do it all over again with another crisis.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Unless corroborated by another source, a person would do well to dismiss anything cited in WTS publications.

While The Truth that leads to Eternal Life does quote Acheson as predicting a world "too dangerous to live in" by the mid-1970s, did he in fact really say that? Can this alleged quotation be backed up from at least one other source?

As Scotsmen would say "Ah hae ma doots" about that one!

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

This 99% nonsense has been repeatedly debunked. It all comes down to a couple of guy no one ever heard of in an Australian university no one ever heard of and their opinion which was seized on as gospel by every Warmist idiot on the planet.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Rivergang : While The Truth that leads to Eternal Life does quote Acheson as predicting a world "too dangerous to live in" by the mid-1970s, did he in fact really say that?

The US News & World Report of June 13, 1960, reports on a speech that Dean Acheson delivered at Goucher College, Baltimore, on May 17, 1960 and which was broadcast over WBAL-FM, Baltimore.

Acheson is talking about having parity in the arms race with Russia. He says, on p.119

It means also that an inherent part of American policy and an inherent part of American arms policy is the control and limitation of armaments. I assure you that I know nothing which is classified, but I know enough of what is going on to assure you that in 15 years from today, this world is going to be too dangerous to live in. We really will begin to get destructive capacity which can make Nevil Shute look silly. [Shute was the author of "On the Beach," a novel depicting the end of the world through nuclear war.]

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Wait, I'm confused. Was his first name Dean or was Dean his title and role at the college? Or both?

May 17th sounds like commencement time. Was he the commencement speaker?

BTW, Goucher has a great drama department and has for years put on plays free to surrounding schoolchildren. Everybody likes a free field trip.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Dead Dean was his name. In British history he’s best known for the famous assessment that postwar Britain had “lost an empire and failed to find a role”. More than half a century later it’s still a true observation.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"Dead" was his name?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Dean Dean Dean

I meant Dean

damn autocorrect!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

LOL. Thought so!

Share this