Science News article: ‘Case closed’: 99.9% of scientists agree climate emergency caused by humans

by Disillusioned JW 146 Replies latest social current

• Godlyman
    Godlyman

Well of course, it is written: The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, and those who fear Your name, small and great, and should destroy those who destroy the earth.” (Rev. 11: 18)

Estephan

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Thank you joey jojo for your insightful posts about climate change, including your pointing out the problems with a number of claims made by deniers (in this topic thread) of human caused climate change.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Lots to refute today. Seven out of ten wind turbines are made in China. China manufactures approximately 90% of the world's solar panels. Yet China uses only coal power to produce them. Renewable energy is not cheaper than gas, coal or oil. Lifespan of solar panel, 25-30 years. Lifespan of wind turbine, 17 years. Similar to lithium batteries, this is not sustainable.

Wonderful thing about the cars. They are still there for you to check, like a monument.

So, our future certainly looks bleak. Huge junk piles, open strips of land (post-mining) and lots of toxic waste. Luckily over-population will be addressed. Not all will survive.

• Earnest
    Earnest

The photo of abandoned EV cars was taken just outside of Hangzhou, China. The cause was that the company (Microcity) went bankrupt due to a failed business model, not EV battery replacement costs. It was reported on here by fact-checking Observers in July 2021.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Vidgun, thanks for sharing your views with me. My researching a number of your claims regrading the sustainability of renewable energy resulted in me discovering strong evidence which disproves claims of renewable being unsustainable. My researching your claims resulted in me being convinced more than ever that renewable energy is indeed very sustainable and that the evidence for human caused climate change and human caused global warming are indeed very real. I found proof that renewable energy in many locations is indeed cheaper (and has a lower carbon footprint) than energy from gas, coal or oil. I also saw proof that Bill Gates is indeed not trying to reduce the population by nefarious means (though yes he wishes to reduce the rate of population growth in some countries). As a result of researching a number of the claims promoted/spread by you I found clear irrefutable evidence that the claims against climate change and renewable energy are bogus, often consisting of photoshopped tampering of photos and of videos. I thus know now that I can just ignore all the extreme claims (made by climate change deniers) against the reality of human caused climate change and against the importance of renewable energy, rather than take the time so see if perhaps they are true. I also know now that I can just ignore all of the photos promoted in such wild extreme claims.

Thank you Vidgun for strengthening my confidence that humankind's conversion to use of renewable energy is much needed, and that Bill Gates is not trying to make people sterile (such as through vaccinations).

It is very sad that so many lies are being made and that so many of them are being spread by social media (and sometimes as part of fake news in talk shows in conservative media television broadcasts) . It is very sad that so many of the lies are saying human climate change is not happening, that renewable energy is not sustainable, that humans do not need to take action to fight climate change, that election in 2020 was stolen from Donald Trump, that Bill Gates is trying to kill people and/or make people sterile (such as trough Covid-19 vaccinations and through other vaccinations). It is also so very sad that so many people believe the lies and that so many of those people (such as in the USA) vote in political elections in accordance with their belief in the lies.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Vidqun,

During that interview, Dr Mörner does not even mention the Southern Hemisphere. He does mention, to quote, “The Equatorial Region”, but that is all.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The following web pages have very important articles to read to learn the facts about certain social media claims.

- https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-gates-list/fact-check-list-of-claims-about-bill-gates-includes-falsities-idUSL1N2LO230 (The article is called "Fact Check-List of claims about Bill Gates includes falsities".)

- https://factcheck.afp.com/who-did-not-say-bill-gates-adds-sterilisation-formula-vaccines (The article is called "WHO did not say Bill Gates adds sterilisation formula to vaccines".)

- https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/no-bill-gates-is-not-funding-covid-19-vaccines-as-a-way-to-conduct-global-surveillance-or-to-depopulate-the-world/ (The article is called "No, Bill Gates is not funding COVID-19 vaccines as a way to conduct global surveillance or to depopulate the world".)

- https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19-critical-thinking-pseudoscience/infertility-diabolical-agenda-anti-vaxx-sleight-hand-propaganda (The article is called "Infertility: A Diabolical Agenda Is Anti-Vaxx Sleight-of-Hand Propaganda:Disgraced anti-vaxxer Andrew Wakefield directs a movie based on the false claim that Kenyan women are being sterilized under the cover of tetanus vaccination. His real goal has nothing to do with Africa".)

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The photo of solar panels over rolling hills looks extremely fake to me. That is largely because solar panels need to be on mounting racks and electrical cables need to be hooked up to them.

https://totalenergies.com/media/news/press-releases/totalenergies-launches-its-largest-solar-power-plant-france is what I think is an accurate source. It mentions a different solar power installation in France. For information sources about other solar electric power installation projects in France see the following.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_in_France

- https://www.pv-magazine.com/2021/09/17/frances-second-largest-pv-plant-comes-online/

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Earnest, thanks for correcting me. Actually it's a "tale of two cities." I thought the photos (p. 10 & 13) portray the same scene. Actually the set on page 10 is French private company that went bust. The logo on the car door pointed me to Wikipedia, to "Autolib." 25 of their cas burnt out while charging. Tesla has a similar problem. Not sure whether that caused them to go bust. The article doesn't say.

Rivergang, I think you are splitting hairs. I hope you took note of the rest of the video. It woke me up.

Disillusioned JW, glad to be of service. Hope you wake up in time though. Bill Gates is not your friend. Take note of the new video "Died Suddenly," very illuminating.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Vidqun, in order for me to start to become convinced that Bill Gates is trying to make people sterile or is trying to kill people, I would need to read such stated by mainstream traditional news agencies which I have been trusting for decades. Those agencies include the following: Associated Press (AP), Reuters, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, The Guardian, The New York Times, UPI, and similar news agencies. If the claims your sources say about Bill Gates being evil were true then the trusted (trusted by me at least) news sources mentioned above would reported it as true and most likely Bill Gates would have been arrested by law enforcement by now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit