Science News article: ‘Case closed’: 99.9% of scientists agree climate emergency caused by humans

by Disillusioned JW 146 Replies latest social current

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Courtesy of Dr. Matthew M. Wielicki, Climatologist:

For those that are gluttons for punishment, here's a study, concluding "that changes in atmospheric CO2 concentration did not cause temperature change in the ancient climate:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320123470_The_Relationship_between_Atmospheric_Carbon_Dioxide_Concentration_and_Global_Temperature_for_the_Last_425_Million_Years

Let's start with sea level.

The geologic record has many instances where CO2 and Temperature (T) are uncoupled, for example the Andean-Saharan glaciation, thus we shouldn't have any certain expectation of a measured response in T to lowering CO2.

Atmospheric CO2 concentration has varied from 200 - 7000 parts per million (ppm) or 40x. The percentage range from 0.02% - 0,7%. The planet did just fine at these levels. Low CO2 is more dangerous than high CO2.

Last but not least is heat absorbtion of CO2. The higher concentration of CO2, the less heat absorbtion takes place:

• Earnest
    Earnest

Which one do you think is photoshopped?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Honestly, it's not that great a photoshop job, what with some of the letters carved across the seams between the stones. It's scary what a good digital artist can do today.

And AI-assisted video 'deep fakes' are already capable of inserting one person's features onto another person's face. I wonder how long it will be before the "photoshop of video deep fakes" becomes available to the average person?

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

All very interesting, but where did Dr Wielicki state that ocean levels in the Southern Hemisphere are not rising? That was the question.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Rivergang, I heard it from the head of a UN study group (Skye Australia). I'll see if I can find the video. I can vouch for that. I live in the Southern Hemisphere next to the sea. Where we are, no change in sea level for over a hundred years.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    I heard it from the head of a UN study group

But isn't the UN run by pedo lizard people? Or at least by communists?

But seriously, yes, rates of sea rise vary greatly because of gravity and temperature variability. There are many articles on the topic. And sea rise around especially western Australia has been less than in other places. Their temperatures have similarly not risen along with the average. We live on a globe however and the average global trends must be used given the multiple factors that effect local phenomenon.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Vidqun,

I'm starting to think that maybe you are a double agent working for the ''climate change is caused by humans''

community.

The stuff you post is so easily knocked down by reference to facts that it has to be

a deliberate attempt by you to make those who believe ''climate change is not caused by humans'' look foolish.

It's staring to get a bit obvious now.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

ThomasCovenant, I'm sorry, but you've lost me there. What the hell are you talking about? If you want to refute what I publish, be my guest.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Rivergang, here it is. The source of my sea level information is Dr. Nils-Axl Morner. See from 5:55 and 7:50 of video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViY2J3LPgN4

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Vidqun,

So much of the stuff you post has been shown to be mis-represented, out of context and unreferenced. For example, the picture of the electric vehicles rotting in a field was debunked at least a year ago.

At what point do you ask yourself if it's actually you that has got it wrong?

The CSIRO, the peak scientific body in Australia has just released a report showing that temperatures have risen by 1.5C in Australia over the last 100 years, pretty much in line with world trends.

We are now in the situation where insurance companies won't insure properties because the risk of severe weather events, like floods and fires, has become too high for them.

The scary part is there are a lot of people like you that see all this and will offer any other reason for extreme climate events occurring , no matter how unscientific and stupid it is, as long as human activity isn't blamed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit