Front cover of the 2017 Watchtower - unbelievable!

by freddo 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    ^^^^He looks like he's just been accepted for Bethel!^^^^
  • freddo
    freddo

blondie: the footwear is not suitable - they are not walking on highways, pavements or even smooth ground. Snow or no snow.

If you walk on stones and rocks like that you need hiking boots with ankle support and good tread. A turned ankle can ruin the whole expedition as a limping person is tended to. (As opposed to getting out of an SUV and walking 50 yards to make a photo opportunity)

I've walked and scrambled in similar terrain enough times and in groups with women. No woman in real life wears that gear in those conditions - except in the narrow minds of cult leaders who decide what should be worn and by which gender.

It is the subliminal message of "if they can wear skirts in these conditions then so can you sister" that I am more derisory of. It indicates the borg mentality is not changing and they will suffer even worse recruitment levels than they would have.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

A more subtle point. I saw some snow on the mountains in the background. I thought the water canopy, from before the flood, was supposed to be rebuilt. If it is, then the greenhouse effect that supposedly existed before the flood will prevent snow from occurring.

• steve2
    steve2

So, they're walking alongside a stony-bermed riverbed.

The questions below need to be asked but - you can bet - won't be included in the study articles:

• How exactly remote is that location?
    • How many hours have they been walking?
    • How many walking hours are they away from the nearest vehicles or water transportation?
    • Do they have beacons or usable cellphones in case of emergency (I wouldn't be counting on help from the angels)?
    • What is the temperature (it looks conducive to a mid-afternoon stroll)?
    • Do they count time from when they left the base kingdom hall?
    • Do they intend to go door-to-door or to conduct Bible studies or some other?
  • blondie
    blondie

freddo, you evidently have not seen the kind of boots I have tried to describe. Did I mention there is a lot of snow, it is cold, sometimes below zero.

• baker
    baker

At least the magazines can come to some good use, when nature calls...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

How else are they gonna prove "..the earth has become filled" with their propoganda!

The next magazine will show a sister witnessing in a skirt on MT Everest and the one after that under the sea in diving gear and skirt -of course!

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

So where are the people that they are bringing their life saving massage to?

I see no homes just wilderness, when I was first married we were assigned to where the need was great, all we did was drive and drive and drive. I could be out for 10 hour's and maybe get out ofthe car 3 or 4 times.

I hated it, it was beyond depressing and of course you could never say that you had to always say that it was a life saving work. One time when I dared to say it was totally crazy I wastotally rebuked and was told even if we didn't speak to anyone the Angles were watching and were happy we were doing the best we could? What? The Angles would have to thought we were idiot's.

We also made just $200.00 a month and spent well over 100.00 in car gas. It was so crazy, just this last Friday my husband started to brag about that time and how Jehovah blessed us, this time I didn't stay quite like I have in the past and I said that was totally crazy and even through Jehovah blessed my husband He didn't bless me as I got a ton of flack from the other JW's who belittled me for our lack of money. Thus I started working 35 hours a week plus put in 90 a month pioneering. Funny all of thoes who criticized me all, of a sudden their cars were not field service worthy and they would pile 5 to 6 people in our Honda Civic.

Sparky 1 as far as using the bathroom we sister's were supposed to pee behind a bush in plan view of the car group. I just couldn't do it so was again mocked for being a prude.

I hated every minute of it.

• Chook
    Chook

The ratio of brothers to sisters is reflected well. Counting time for a afternoon stroll beside the stream seems urgent

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Folks this is practice, training for the New System. This will be the new means of traveling in Paradise. So 40 days or 40 years to get to their destination, no problem you have all the time in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit