Question for those who went to the RC

by joe134cd 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

WT beliefs/doctrines....here today, gone tomorrow!

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

I try not to listen to the new kingdom songs so never heard the original version of this kingdom song number 57.

I thought that the clapping was just bros and sis starting it and then everyone following....

until I listened to it on this link here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=541odshPJt8

This is apparently the official song as played at the conventions etc.

The claps are already in the song, this is intentional, like Dubstepped says removing the need of songbooks and then adding the clapping, its inevitable that its gonna happen.

I think we will see a lot more of these happy clappy tunes in the future.

This was not the religion I was brought up in, my dad is probably turning over in his grave.

Unbelievable what was condemned is now acceptable or encouraged !!

WGO.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Sounds like a Hollywood Movie BGM. Haven't heard the Kingdom songs for 10 years and this is really a shock to me. No doubt WT is changing according to current trends to survive in the market, as like any corporation.

• Chook
    Chook

It seems head office has done a .. if you can't beat them join them. Except Warwicks new music is shit , not even the Jewish Jesus would like this music. Give JWs a guitar, video camera and a bible ,and now you have the movies with music delivered by gods representative as an personal invitation to see God is good. Conclusion is Jws molested the music , murdered movie making and bastardised the bible. I honestly believe the scales are falling from the honest hearted ones eyes regarding JWs honesty.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I applaud this development and look forward to the next Aretha Franklin coming forth (tongue in cheek)

:0)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for posting that video whatsgoingon! (Now it is an ear worm I can't get rid of...haha😩)

Is that an official video they play at meetings?

• tiki
    tiki

Ugh.....so glad to not have to be part of this bs anymore.

• _Morpheus
  • tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Was just remembering playing with one of the "Theocratic Orchestras" In rehearsal I was caught tapping my foot, not sure if the conductor knew it was me or not but told the orchestra that "tapping was the musical equivalent of sinning against the spirit" I assume he's spinning in his grave right now,

:0)

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It's policy. A plan, made behind a desk.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit