Question for those who went to the RC

by joe134cd 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I do note that the latest WT has an article on singing which is pretty much the same content as every other time that they have trotted it out.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-november-2017/singing-essential-part-of-true-worship/

It makes no mention of clapping but does mention that the use of screens enables the song to be sung out.

For the time being at least clapping in time to the songs does not seem to be something that the GB wish to encourage at congregational level.

Perhaps some of us who still have to attend should try it and see if it catches on...

• Half banana
    Half banana

I suppose enjoying a jolly song at the convention helps forget the fact that its all BS and there is no Kingdom or paradise.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Nothing gets propaganda in to the brain like good ole looney tune to go long with it.

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON
    stuckinarut2a day agoa day agoa day agoThanks for posting that video whatsgoingon! (Now it is an ear worm I can't get rid of...hahađŸ˜©)
    Is that an official video they play at meetings?

Hi Stuckinarut2

Yes that is the one they play at the hall.

he he.

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON
    I do note that the latest WT has an article on singing which is pretty much the same content as every other time that they have trotted it out.
    https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-november-2017/singing-essential-part-of-true-worship/

Paragraph 17 states:

17 To help everyone to sing from the heart, some lyrics have been revised to improve clarity of thought and to remove words that are no longer in common use. For example, the word “shall” is not widely used today, so it has been replaced. Similarly, the title “Long-Suffering” has been changed to “Exercise Patience,” and the lyrics have been adjusted accordingly.

The change of the title “Guard Your Heart” to “We Guard Our Hearts” was most considerate. Why? In the audience at our meetings, assemblies, and conventions are many new ones, interested ones, young ones, and sisters who by singing the words would be put in the awkward position of telling others what to do. So the title and the lyrics were modified.

What the hell does this mean ?

Does it mean what I think it does? Thats ridiculous.

WGO.

• steve2
    steve2

Well, reasoning's off the table - so you gotta put something on it.

Emotion is a pretty good alternative - in fact, in some quarters, it's far better than reasoning for leading the masses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit