JW's Thoughts On Legal Marijuana

by Deltron3030 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If it is from a doctor and based on medical need, then there is no problem as long as you don't promote it among others and it is locally legal. Really no different, from addictive drugs like morphine and opiods.

Virtually anything that can make you "high" other than alcohol is not allowed unless prescribed by a doctor for a medial need.

Of course doing anything publicly that could "stumble" someone (like walking down the street smoking a joint) would earn you a quick trip to the back room after the next meeting.

Rub a Dub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

On a related note...

...I can't help but notice that the new Kingdom Hall designs strongly resemble legalized cannabis dispensaries in my area, and IMO - should they ever need to be sold - could be easily repurposed as such with minimal refurbishing.

Coincidence, or irony? (the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive)

:smirk:

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Virtually anything that can make you "high" other than alcohol is not allowed unless prescribed by a doctor for a medial need.

huh? Says who? It is allowed, just not everywhere. I idea here is that it should be allowed.

• arwen
    arwen

I’m Canadian. It’s legal here now but two years ago he got a prescription for cannibus. I had not slept much at night for five years. I took sleeping pills. Gravol otc sleep aid. Herbal tea you name it. I started with a tiny bit of oil under the tongue I slept all night I was shocked So I never have taken any sleeping pills or anxiety meds since. Not once. It’s all legal here now so I have tried other methods. I’m over the hill but this has really helped me.

• LV101
    LV101
    Interesting info re/sleep, arwen. So many people with insomnia -- about half the populace. Amazing the medical community/big pharma allowed the legalization but guess they've lost control.
  • Deltron3030
    Deltron3030

arwen Are you a JW? If so, is it allowed?

• Deltron3030
    Deltron3030

Vidiot It would be awesome if it was both. Reading the Bible would be awesome with a nice bubble kush buzz going. Lol. A Starbucks counter would be perfect as well. :-)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Attendance would probably be up, at least. :smirk:

• arwen
    arwen

Deltron3030. I’m ex JW since 2005. I DA but don’t think it was ever announced as I threatened lawsuit if my name was slandered from platform.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

huh? Says who? It is allowed, just not everywhere. I idea here is that it should be allowed.

redvip ...

Correct me but what drugs/substances that you mention that can have a hallucinatory effect are permitted in the Borg even if legal?

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit